Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 07:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Yes I am sure. Even in early 1980s people in China did not talk about it at all.
I heard the concept first time when I was like 10 years old.
Then you need a history lesson.

What one 10 year old did or did not hear in China hardly determines who knew about homosexuality and who didn't.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:16 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Then you need a history lesson.

What one 10 year old did or did not hear in China hardly determines who knew about homosexuality and who didn't.
Again, the sun does not revolve around the US.
You have NO idea what China under Mao was like.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:16 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Again, that is exactly how the Nazis "sold" those yellow stars & pink triangles... "don't worry, we just need to make you identifiable to keep you safe; nobody is trying to kill you or anything." Uh-huh.

I've discussed this on another thread, but I'll say again: The separate bathrooms are less about who is attracted to whom, and more about who shares body parts with whom. I am honestly more comfortable changing & using the bathroom around lesbians than gay or straight men, because we have the same parts... I understand women, they understand me, and we're not all that enthralled about what another woman has between her legs (or on her chest). So no, this doesn't mean we need to have mixed-gender bathrooms - but I really wouldn't care that much if we did, since I'm not afraid every straight man wants to rape me.
I don't think men would mind sharing the bathroom with women. I think its the women who tend to oppose sharing bathrooms. But it probably largely depends on what kinds of bathrooms we are talking about.

If we are talking about a bathroom shared by multiple people but at different times, that's fine. But having a man peeing in a urinal, right next to a women peeing in a toilet, probably isn't going to get a lot of favor by most Americans.

The same goes for showers. You might share the same shower, but its doubtful for women and men to be sharing anything remotely similar to an "open shower".

As for the Nazi's and badges. I think you are really comparing apples to oranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What do homosexuals have to do with men cheating on their wives, and out of wedlock childbirth?

Go fix your self, I'm just fine, and don't need you or anyone else to "fix" me.

You sound like someone who hates that women have equal standing in this country. That is YOUR problem, go fix it. But I don't think you are going to get many women to agree.
The practical limitations of reality are that if you can't handle yourself around other people, maybe YOU shuold stay away from other people.

As for the 99% stat, YOU made that argument, it is up to you to back up YOUR claim.
I was talking in response to him saying I was a crazy bigot, who wanted women in burkas, and incapable of leaving the house without male accompaniment.

That isn't what I want. But you do have to ask yourself why they advocate those things.

I remember a woman talking about how after we "liberated" Afghanistan, many women stopped wearing the burka, and so did she. But then she said that she didn't feel as safe as she did with the burka on.

The problem with talking about policies in this world. It seems to be that anytime you advocate anything that might be for the protection of women, it gets branded that you hate women.

For instance, what if there was a "marriage badge", or some other kind of semi-permanent item that people had to wear if they were married(or even in a relationship). I know the wedding ring is a good identifier, but it doesn't really stop cheating men from seeking out unknowing women. Nor does it help if you aren't yet married.

I mean, wouldn't it be much easier for single men, if they could more easily spot single women in social settings? I know I get quite confused.

The problem is that, if you said women in relationships should wear an identifying item. You'll get denounced as an evil bigot who wants to own and control women. Even if you are really trying to protect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The good news is that the anti-gay bigots are clearly in the minority now. Americans are too-well educated to buy into their nonsense. They've lost.
I'll give you that gays have won. I wouldn't say its because of education. I would say its more because, gays are the loudest group of people in the entire country. They will not accept anything but total acceptance, and sit around name-calling anyone who opposes as an evil bigot. And in the political-correct society we live in, where the worst evil a person can commit would be to be a bigot or racist. Then you have destroyed any philosophical foundation for resistance to what is necessarily a bad outcome.

I mean, you are advocating dysfunction. The same goes for multiculturalism. Multiculturalism is necessarily dysfunction. Women having children out of wedlock, is dysfunction. Everything liberals advocate, is increasing social dysfunction. But there still is no longer any basis for resistance.

You may have won. But what did you win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Shows he does not know biology , lactose intolerance is an inherited situation from an ancestry where milk from cows was not consumed. It does not make one inferior one bit, neither does being gay. I am happy being a gay male, I am happy with my life, I would have it no other way.
It is a genetic mutation that derived because of animal husbandry of cattle, I think around 5000 years ago. Being able to continue drinking milk into older age was beneficial because it increases your access to protein. And thus, people with the genetic mutation tended to be healthier in those kinds of societies than people without the mutation.

Every single person who is lactose tolerant today, is necessarily related to same person. And that person lived about 5,000 years ago.

At some point, we may not keep cattle any longer, and at that point, it may longer be an advantage to be lactose tolerant.

Lactase persistence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-15-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
In the early 80s people and China didn't talk about a lot of things. In the US, you can be sure that in the 60s, we were all aware of the existence of homosexuality.
And these posters were made in China. China China China
Why can't you guys get it.... I'm speechless....

Old 12-15-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that.

But you seem to suggest it is better to hide sexual orientation in public. I agree.
So we should all wear baggy body concealing uniforms, gloves, no makeup, everyone, including men wear headscarves in public , not speak...so we can all hide our sexual orientation in public?

Old 12-15-2012, 07:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
In the early 80s people and China didn't talk about a lot of things. In the US, you can be sure that in the 60s, we were all aware of the existence of homosexuality.
Not here in America!!!! We didn't know anything about the existence of homosexuals prior to the 60s.

They just made this video for giggles.

Old Homosexual Warning Video - YouTube

Gotta love those 1950s stereotypes.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
And these posters were made in China. China China China
Why can't you guys get it.... I'm speechless....
Your thread title:

""" When people (peoplepeople people) were not aware of the gay thing.... """

Maybe you explain what your point is?????

Old 12-15-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Your thread title:

""" When people (peoplepeople people) were not aware of the gay thing.... """

Maybe you explain what your point is?????
Yes Chinese people are not people? The whole thing has the context of China, and has nothing to do with the US.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:24 PM

Some gays here are too insecure to be rational. I'm totally tired of them.
Whenever there's something about gays, they stir a fight.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Some gays here are too insecure to be rational. I'm totally tired of them.
Whenever there's something about gays, they stir a fight.
LOL. You're accusing gays of being irrational?

Actually, I should be thankful that you're tired of them. It means you'll drop the argument, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies