Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The gun/military worship is getting really old around here. No, saying you're in the military doesn't frighten me. At all.

I'm a 'pansy ass liberal woman' who had her CC permit in California and can probably shoot a gun more accurately than the vast majority of people out there. I participated in postal shoots and was an instructor for hunter safety classes.

I'm NOT a gun nut nor do I think everyone should be armed. I just don't understand the firearms worship of the right wingers on this message board.
Can you explain just the opposite from the lefty progs? Please do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Israel had a fatal school shooting in 2008 in which eight kids died. There were armed teachers at that school at the time the massacre took place, and this did not seem to dissuade the shooter.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
didnt watch, dont care.
Typical prog behavior. You don't like guns so you aren't going to take a chance that someone might convince you that you have been wrong all this time. Keep that little prog mind protected by looking only at prog type propaganda.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
We'd need to change out a few, make that quite a few teachers, but, I think it is a great idea.
Well, yes way too many of our teachers are progressive in thought and would have to be put out to graze.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
The favorite "solution" from NRA members is "arm everyone". So, that leads me to wonder: Will preschoolers now carry? Will they spend all weekend at firing ranges in hopes they can take out the nut with the stolen gun before they get shot themselves? More practical would simply be to keep all preschoolers (and anyone else who can't practically participate in a shootout) out of every public place. Frankly, I wouldnt let my kids go anywhere these days. Heck, set up an impregnable compound somewhere and let kids learn and recreate therein. It is far past any possibility of putting the toothpaste back in the tube. Too many guns to be stolen, too many reckless owners who won't protect them from burglars. Oh, and tourists should seriously forget about putting a non-gun-control country on their list of places to visit. The general trend is downward, so the chances of catching stray bullets is only getting worse. There are plenty of nice destinations on the planet run by rational people.
Can you provide proof of your first statement about the NRA? I sure would like to see it if you can.

I think you are trying to say that Archie Bunker was wrong but accusing gun owners of all being like him. Archie never showed a gun.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
I vote we make these runny nose liberals take a combat handgun course.

If they can pass it themselves, we should all benefit.
Can we send them to Parris Island?

Old 12-15-2012, 09:53 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,552,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The fact is that the states with strong gun control laws have much lower rates of gun deaths. The numbers don't lie.
And I can claim that there are stats that are used to support the opposing view and the number still don't lie. Stats can be found to support whatever view you want to have.

I will say this by using simple logic. If someone wants to go into the house to steal and the intruder knows they have guns in there, what are the odds of him going in as compared with a house that does not have guns?

Jefferson said "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determinded to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Makes sense to me. Sometimes stats can be found to contradict any opposing view and that is when simple common sense can be used. Jefferson showed such thing. Take care.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,552,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Israel had a fatal school shooting in 2008 in which eight kids died. There were armed teachers at that school at the time the massacre took place, and this did not seem to dissuade the shooter.
There will always someone that will not be dessuaded but instead of eight kids killed how many would have died if the teachers were not armed?
That is the problem in support of having guns. Having guns do not show the numbers of how many people did not die. You can only see the numbers of deaths when there are no guns allowed. Take care.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
As soon as an NRA lobbyist or right wing nut send their kids to school and they don't come home...we'll have a solution.

In the meantime expect more of our children to be slaughtered as the gun lobby and their pathetic online zealots continue to advocate their insane gun culture.

I hope you all burn in hell.
I don't expect to go to hell so I might have some trouble burning there.

How long do you think it would take our revered government to round up all the guns here and melt them down? I don't want to live in a nation where only the government employees can have guns. I think we could all expect to be living in some kind of camps if we had no guns and failed to accept everything our government told us to do.

Can you show me proof that the NRA wants everybody to have at least one gun? Please do, and the sooner the better.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
What religion did the shooters belong to? Surely you know that some religions allow their people to kill Israelis or Christians. Could you come up with some particulars about that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies