Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,951,052 times

Advertisements

In fighting the "war on terror" our fearless fuhrers, (ah, I mean "leaders") have killed countless innocent civilians, and no no one in America really seems to care. Media doesn't cover it as much as they do American Idol and you are more likely to hear about the "plight" of Kim Kardashian than you are to hear about the plight of Pakistani children if you turn on CNN or Fox or any other American "news" channel.

So, our government using our tax payer dollars goes to Pakistan and uses unmanned drones to kill people in "signature strikes", or strikes in which the military ordering it are not sure if there are actual terrorists or militants in the target but just have a suspicion. They send a drone in to strike a target, and then, to make sure they kill enough people, they send a second drone in an hour later for a second strike.

So, when they hit a civilian location and kill a bunch of innocent families the local population knows a second bombing is coming around. So, they are too afraid to send an ambulance or doctors in to do anything for fear that they will get hit by the next attack.

Over a hundred children have been killed so far...but are the media or the people saying anything? Nope. Just a shrug and a "oh well, more third world less than human kids dying. Hey, is Brad Pitt on Leno tonight?"

Drone Strikes Kill Numerous Civilians - Report - YouTube

And people wonder why America is hated around the world. Want to know why? Because the people of the planet are terrified of us. We are hated because, quite frankly, we deserve to be. We sit back while our government uses or own money to massacre civilians because the CEOs of the military industrial complex want to get even richer and we do nothing about it. That is why we are hated. And yet, every time a measly dozen obese little American brats get shot while texting with an Iphone (which, btw, cost more than the average family on Earth will make in a month) everyone is all crying and flipping out.

America isn't like 1984. The government isn't oppressing information. This is like Fahrenheit 451, where the powers that be simply dilute the information with entertainment.

I can see how a tyrannical government like that in 1984...but how the hell do you overthrow the apathy of the masses like that of Fahrenheit 451?

The more I read, the more I think...the more I can almost sympathize with people who resort to violence to achieve change. Sometimes, I wish I would see the headlines "mass murder as a rampage shooter kills dozens at a Halliburton shareholder meeting." It would be nice if those psychopaths who make ever more billions than they already have would one day have their own weapons turned on them...but of course, the media would make the American sheeple feel bad for those pieces of overpaid scum. Americans...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 06:21 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,845,140 times
Quote:
American drones kill over a hundred children & Americans don't care
Well, I guess you're right.

Chirp.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:26 PM

45,022 posts, read 26,176,076 times
But did you see Obama crying about the school massacre victims?

The man and his henchmen are evil hypocrites.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:30 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,213,418 times
You sound very informed, are you member of the United States military or do you get your info from the internet.

I sleep well at night, and will continue to do so, thanks to our service men and women..

Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,140,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
But did you see Obama crying about the school massacre victims?

The man and his henchmen are evil hypocrites.
Indeed.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:51 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,376,776 times
It's called collateral damage. And in no way do I endorse the killing of innocents.

You could view it from this point of view- terrorists hiding among civillians puts those civillians in harm's way.

If terrorist 'x' knows he's bein targeted by an uprated Raptor drone and hides in a populated area, who do you really blame?

You also know that suicide bombings kill a fair amount of women, children as well?

Last edited by GreyDay; 12-15-2012 at 07:29 PM..

Old 12-15-2012, 07:31 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,857,123 times
Better yet, bring our troops home and watch those Muslims continue to kill each other AND their own children.

Because that is exactly what will hapen when we leave anyway.

Does that make you feel any better ?

Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,500,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
In fighting the "war on terror" our fearless fuhrers, (ah, I mean "leaders") have killed countless innocent civilians, and no no one in America really seems to care. Media doesn't cover it as much as they do American Idol and you are more likely to hear about the "plight" of Kim Kardashian than you are to hear about the plight of Pakistani children if you turn on CNN or Fox or any other American "news" channel.

So, our government using our tax payer dollars goes to Pakistan and uses unmanned drones to kill people in "signature strikes", or strikes in which the military ordering it are not sure if there are actual terrorists or militants in the target but just have a suspicion. They send a drone in to strike a target, and then, to make sure they kill enough people, they send a second drone in an hour later for a second strike.

So, when they hit a civilian location and kill a bunch of innocent families the local population knows a second bombing is coming around. So, they are too afraid to send an ambulance or doctors in to do anything for fear that they will get hit by the next attack.

Over a hundred children have been killed so far...but are the media or the people saying anything? Nope. Just a shrug and a "oh well, more third world less than human kids dying. Hey, is Brad Pitt on Leno tonight?"

Drone Strikes Kill Numerous Civilians - Report - YouTube

And people wonder why America is hated around the world. Want to know why? Because the people of the planet are terrified of us. We are hated because, quite frankly, we deserve to be. We sit back while our government uses or own money to massacre civilians because the CEOs of the military industrial complex want to get even richer and we do nothing about it. That is why we are hated. And yet, every time a measly dozen obese little American brats get shot while texting with an Iphone (which, btw, cost more than the average family on Earth will make in a month) everyone is all crying and flipping out.

America isn't like 1984. The government isn't oppressing information. This is like Fahrenheit 451, where the powers that be simply dilute the information with entertainment.

I can see how a tyrannical government like that in 1984...but how the hell do you overthrow the apathy of the masses like that of Fahrenheit 451?

The more I read, the more I think...the more I can almost sympathize with people who resort to violence to achieve change. Sometimes, I wish I would see the headlines "mass murder as a rampage shooter kills dozens at a Halliburton shareholder meeting." It would be nice if those psychopaths who make ever more billions than they already have would one day have their own weapons turned on them...but of course, the media would make the American sheeple feel bad for those pieces of overpaid scum. Americans...
They dont care because this is not a GOP president. The media doesnt care either, for that same reason!
When Bush was in office......

Water Boarding every night

GITMO every night

Abu Grabe every night

Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 PM

5,406 posts, read 8,091,066 times
"Was that a kid?" …........ "No. That was a dog," They reviewed the scene on video. A dog on two legs?
The whole story: Pain Continues after War for American Drone Pilot - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Old 12-15-2012, 08:22 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,296,215 times
If this whole war on terror nonsense was not a farce, you would see drone attacks on the financial terrorists on wall street that blew up the entire world's economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies