U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 11:12 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,684,974 times

Advertisements

HENDERSON, Nev. -- Two Henderson Police officers apprehended Chester Arthur Stiles Monday night during a routine traffic stop.

Officer Mike Dye pulled in behind a white Buick Century with no plates on Green Valley Parkway at Sunset Road about 7 p.m. The driver of the car pulled into a parking lot and handed Officer Dye a California driver's license. The picture on the license looked nothing like the driver of the car.

Officer Mike Gower pulled in behind the car stop to back up Dye. When the officers questioned the driver about the driver's license, the driver admitted he was Stiles, 37, who has been wanted in connection with the sexual assault of a little girl.

Henderson Police contacted Metro Police, who is investigating the sexual assault, and custody of Stiles was transferred to Metro Police.

Another one bites the dust!!!!! Hopefully forever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 PM

Las Vegas Now - Breaking News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Streaming Video, Classifieds, Blogs - CAUGHT: Chester Stiles Apprehended in Henderson

Old 10-15-2007, 11:39 PM

"There was a time he spent a year homeless on the streets and that's the way he wanted it," Stiles' former girlfriend Tina Allen said. Allen describes Stiles as a survivalist-type who enjoyed being a drifter. She says at one time he lived on the streets, even though he didn't have to.
So we printed off a copy of Stiles' mug shot and took it the large homeless camps close to our station. "I have seen him but I haven't seen him lately," one homeless person told News 3. "I've seen him. He'd be hanging out at Salvation Army. Right up Owens Street," said another.

Next stop: Salvation Army. Stiles was spotted hanging out there about a week ago. "He sticks to himself," a man staying there told us. "He goes in, lays down for a couple of minutes and then comes right back out."

Again, Stiles is recognized before we ever tell anyone what he's wanted for. And once we go inside we got an even greater response. "TV crew is here to help us find that guy that raped that 3-year-old girl. If anybody's seen him, let them know," a Salvation Army employee announced.

"I was cooking up in the kitchen and I served him. He came here by himself, just a typical homeless guy, and he was here," one member of the kitchen staff told us.

We even talked to someone who claims she's seen Stiles more recently.

Man from Salvation Army: He was here yesterday.

Jesse Corona: Yesterday?

Man from Salvation Army: Yeah. He stays here

Shelter staff posted Stiles' mug shot on the wall. Reaction to hearing what he was wanted for was extreme. Many of the residents indicated if they found him first, he would be in rough shape by the time Metro was called.

When we asked Salvation Army shelter employees if Metro had been there to ask the same questions we did, they said no.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:36 AM

11,425 posts, read 16,657,386 times
Now that they have him, maybe he can shed some lite on how he got away with it and who ELSE is involved, The mother said she was at work and the child was at the babysitter, Thats her excuse for why she didn't know it had happened, I say BS, somebody had to bath that child and take care of her and they knew it happened for sure. I'm glad the police stumbled upon Stiles and he told them who he was but I want justice for this crime and Stiles is not the only guilty person here.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:04 PM

236 posts, read 399,157 times
What bothers me it that we had not heard anything about this case since the original story. Thank God he was caught but only by luck. Routine traffic stop in Henderson, Nevada. He never left Nevada and the police were not able to find him? What were all the cops at Dunkin Donuts?? ThankGod he is off the street now. I hope they do some investigating into the mom. I think she played a huge part into the abuse thatoccured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or