Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:04 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,939,955 times

Advertisements

Police kill gunman who wounded 3 at Ala. hospital
(as of 9 hours ago... more to come, I'm sure)

...and the band played on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
It helped there was a gun to take him out quickly and prevent him from killing.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:45 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, by a law enforcement officer.

A far cry from the macho every day guy film-fantasy most of right dream dream of.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,148,137 times
Quote:
You'd think by this point you'd have the common decency to just shut your trap...

Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You'd think by this point you'd have the common decency to just shut your trap...
You aren't glad the policeman took this shooter out quickly? What's wrong with you?

Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
You aren't glad the policeman took this shooter out quickly? What's wrong with you?
I'm tired of playing games with you right-wingers who lack the "candor" to be forthright about your intentions. You made that post to once again make the moronic little implication that the idiot brigade has made throughout that what we really need are more "law-abiding" people carrying guns to stop these things.

Yes, genius, I'm lamenting that a police officer was there to stop this. After all, if I support the idea of trained professionals packing heat, it's only logical that I would want someone like you packing heat in restaurants, schools, movie theaters and the like, right?

After awhile, in the wake of this crap, even I lose interest in tying you people in knots with your empty "logic," your non-existent "facts" and your less than honest style of arguing. I will award gift certificates to the next right-winger who can muster up a single counter-argument that doesn't contain either a glaring strawman or a complete misrepresentation of the opposition's argument. I don't think it's possible because this forum makes patently obvious that the resident right-wingers operate at such a cognitive deficit, they have little recourse in these debates but to deceive in the ways I listed. Prove me wrong.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I'm tired of playing games with you right-wingers who lack the "candor" to be forthright about your intentions. You made that post to once again make the moronic little implication that the idiot brigade has made throughout that what we really need are more "law-abiding" people carrying guns to stop these things.

Yes, genius, I'm lamenting that a police officer was there to stop this. After all, if I support the idea of trained professionals packing heat, it's only logical that I would want someone like you packing heat in restaurants, schools, movie theaters and the like, right?

After awhile, in the wake of this crap, even I lose interest in tying you people in knots with your empty "logic," your non-existent "facts" and your less than honest style of arguing. I will award gift certificates to the next right-winger who can muster up a single counter-argument that doesn't contain either a glaring strawman or a complete misrepresentation of the opposition's argument. I don't think it's possible because this forum makes patently obvious that the resident right-wingers operate at such a cognitive deficit, they have little recourse in these debates but to deceive in the ways I listed. Prove me wrong.
You are free to put me on ignore and read only those posts of people you agree 100% with. Sorry but your little rant and personal attack does not make me convinced that your plans for prohibition will work. They're not working with drugs --- that's very clear.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 PM

You know what, on second thought, keep talking. You people sputtering out this moronic babble turns more people off to the gun fondler cause than anything the rest of us could ever say. Please, go for it.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:06 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
You are free to put me on ignore and read only those posts of people you agree 100% with. Sorry but your little rant and personal attack does not make me convinced that your plans for prohibition will work. They're not working with drugs --- that's very clear.

It didn't work with alcohol, either.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
The ignore function is for fragile individuals who cannot handle differing opinions. I normally enjoy toying with people like you, but as more of the stories roll in and it becomes more and more depressing, it becomes less and less enjoyable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies