Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,231 times

Advertisements

A gun, especially an assault rifle, might be the "sweet spot" of efficiency and rage, a way of reliving the most violent video games. You can't "win" one of those games by blowing up yourself. This is not an attack on video games or guns, just my answer to the thread question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 08:57 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Some of you guys assertions that moral decay and becoming more "godless" is the problem is nonsense. If youth is corrupted then do tell why little girls aren't growing up to go commit these shootings?
I made this comment the other day to a friend, was wondering why is it boys and not girls committing these crimes..... More boys without fathers and medication to boot..........bullied at school, no direction after school, whats up with our boys in America...........

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-16-2012 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 12-16-2012, 09:12 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I made this comment the other day to a friend, was wondering why is it boys and not girls committing these crimes..... More boys without fathers and medication to boot..........bullied at school, no direction after school, whats up with our boys in America...........

Interesting.........care to tell more?
For homicides in which the sex of the murderer is known , 90 % are men. This is not just for firearms, I'm still trying to find that data.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...ndhomicidemain

Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
No...I want kids to be able to defend themselves at ALL costs. My Dad taught me how to shoot when I was only 5 years old. I later joined the Marines and now work with a Police Department in a firearm related job.
Well, by the way some have judged the mom for taking her son target practicing, your dad must have been abusive..... I've been shooting since I was 7.......... can't say "I LOVE" my gun or think it's the coolest thing ever, but I do enjoy it and the confidence it gives me as a small women to have some protection from a man coming at me.......at least I have a option to take him down.

Not sure of the whole story now, but awhile back there was a woman who was packing at school and was able to take out the shooter that entered the school. Tried to find the article.........I do believe some teachers and the principal need to be trained concealed carriers.

We can thank this mom...........Mother puts a stop to son's 'Twilight' shooting plans : News : ConnectTriStates.com

I'd like them to do some profiling on all these kids/men, compare the shootings that have happened and find the connection..........

Old 12-16-2012, 11:09 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Because a gun is the easiest way to kill yourself once you've slaughtered a couple dozen innocents.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well, by the way some have judged the mom for taking her son target practicing, your dad must have been abusive..... I've been shooting since I was 7.......... can't say "I LOVE" my gun or think it's the coolest thing ever, but I do enjoy it and the confidence it gives me as a small women to have some protection from a man coming at me.......at least I have a option to take him down.

Not sure of the whole story now, but awhile back there was a woman who was packing at school and was able to take out the shooter that entered the school. Tried to find the article.........I do believe some teachers and the principal need to be trained concealed carriers.

We can thank this mom...........Mother puts a stop to son's 'Twilight' shooting plans : News : ConnectTriStates.com

I'd like them to do some profiling on all these kids/men, compare the shootings that have happened and find the connection..........
I also find it odd that many who rant and rave about more gun control can't own one legally in the first place.

I think you should have to pass a Federal NICS FBI check before you are allowed to run your piehole.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Why not cars driven into crowds or explosive devices?
Because guns are, quite simply, the easiest and most efficient way to rapidly murder large quantities of people.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:36 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Because guns are, quite simply, the easiest and most efficient way to rapidly murder large quantities of people.

Angry Woman vs Bike - YouTube

Old 12-16-2012, 11:36 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Sorry, but Tim McVeigh proved that wrong.. He could have never did the destruction and killed as many people as he did with a gun... Not to mention a homemade bomb is less expensive to build than purchasing a firearm and the ammunition to commit such an act.. Pipe bombs are cheap and deadly... Amonia bombs, Molitoff cocktails, manure bombs, and the list goes on... Eventually we will see these idiots changing their tactics to just that.. Then we will see massive casualties..

Old 12-16-2012, 11:37 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
The shooter didn't buy that weapon.
No difference. Most of the other mass shooters in recent history utilized their legally-owned weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies