Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Curious: Which other countries arm teachers in the classroom?

Sandy Hook was a public school. Teachers are public employees.. Wouldn't this be asking the government to protect you? And by the way, on what planet is it not the government's role to protect citizens?

I really think some posters on here would prefer Somalia.

Israeli teachers are armed. protect yes, not nanny from cradle to grave. since those gun free zones have worked so well...NOT, how about letting more firearms be present in schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
These crazy anti gun people are sounding more like a cult every day.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:44 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They wouldn't need to carry weapons if the school just supplied them and had a place to stash them outside the view of the kids. I surely do think that his numbers would have been much lower if all six of them had been able to shoot back, though.
Gun safes with biometric locks at all of the teachers desks would provide a secure place for the school supplied firearms. Put an inexpensive S&W Model 10 revolver in, because they withstand neglect much better than semi autos, and they could sit ready until needed for years without attention.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynewallace View Post
If you don't believe in gun control, what do you believe in?

If you do not support stronger and better gun control, what the heck to you support?

The US Constitution, and my individual personal liberty.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The US Constitution, and my individual personal liberty.

bravo, post of the day!

Old 12-16-2012, 08:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I believe in the same and wish to expand upon your post.

I believe that prison should be a punishment and not a rehab. One cannot be rehabbed if they don't want to be and that has been proven. No one is afraid of rehab but they are fearful of punishment.
i agree, however the option of rehab in the prison system needs to be available to those who actually do want to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynewallace View Post
If you do not support stronger and better gun control, what the heck to you support?
I believe in gun control and many have stated my beliefs.
by the way, there is a form of gun control i do adhere to, usually the weaver stance as it give the most stable platform when shooting. true gun control is how many can you get in the ten ring.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Wouldn't this be asking the government to protect you?

No. I can protect myself from the lunatics.

While they have my children in their care, they would be responsible for protecting my child from harm.

Now if I was home schooling, the teacher would be packing and my daughter knows right where her gun is.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No. I can protect myself from the lunatics.

While they have my children in their care, they would be responsible for protecting my child from harm.

Now if I was home schooling, the teacher would be packing and my daughter knows right where her gun is.

I do homeschool, I pack, and my 2 daughters at home both know where their firearms are.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,641 times
The issue is of trust. For decades some people in the USA have consistently pushed for severe gun control or the total elimination of guns. But they have failed to step up with crime control or crime elimination, illegal drug traffic , etc. They have also failed to step up with addition protections to insure the safety of citizens. Actually over time the rights of the individual American citizen are consistently overlooked. For example we are now seeing how local officials are using the Patriot ACt in simple police actions to ignore simple citizen rights.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:57 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
These crazy anti gun people are sounding more like a cult every day.
How so? Don't just throw out a catchphrase, unless you have some way to justify it... and based on what I've seen from the very few "anti-gun" people here, nobody is acting like a "cult." And this coming from somebody who isn't really anti-gun, just pro-freedom & peace. So please, do explain yourself - if you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies