Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:34 PM

13 posts, read 19,680 times

Advertisements

If you do not support stronger and better gun control, what the heck to you support?
I believe in gun control and many have stated my beliefs. What is your beliefs?
You register everthing else, to vote, to drive your car, to get ID....so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 12:42 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Criminal control...hard concept for liberals to understand, I know. Incarcerate those that do evil things...not scary looking objects.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:43 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynewallace View Post
If you do not support stronger and better gun control, what the heck to you support?
Depends on what you mean by gun control, that phrase covers a very broad spectrum. Registration is fine, but the wild eyed, crazy for ink politicians will never stop at that.
I don't own any guns, but believe in the constitution. If only our president did....

Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
I believe in making parents accountable for the actions of their juvenile children. I believe in parents being parents, not "buddies" with their children.. I believe in parents giving moral guidence and teaching their children honor, integrity, responsibility and respect for not only themselves but others. I believe in parents knowing where their children are, who they are with and what they are doing. Children have no rights not granted by their parents. I believe the basis for our problems is not giving our young people the guindance they need.... I believe gun control is a "fix it button". That won't change anything..

Old 12-16-2012, 12:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I believe in making parents accountable for the actions of their juvenile children. I believe in parents being parents, not "buddies" with their children.. I believe in parents giving moral guidence and teaching their children honor, integrity, responsibility and respect for not only themselves but others. I believe in parents knowing where their children are, who they are with and what they are doing. Children have no rights not granted by their parents. I believe the basis for our problems is not giving our young people the guindance they need....
How would any of that have stopped a 20-year-old from murdering a group of kids?

Old 12-16-2012, 01:00 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How would any of that have stopped a 20-year-old from murdering a group of kids?
If you need to ask that question then you would not understand the answer.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
I "believe in" having informed, rational discourse, preferably by means of coherent, fully-formed sentences. And I "believe in" actual solutions to problems, not just random restrictions in order to satisfy the urge to do something.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Personal responsibilty for actions and protection of the public from people who are mental or criminla i their actions.The system now is to believe it was the knife:gun or bomb that caused the problem.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:27 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
How do you control a gun? Guns don't have brains. They cannot do anything on their own. The way to control the gun is to teach people the proper use of guns. I was taught almost as soon as I could walk and talk that a gun is not a toy. Never point a gun at anything you don't want dead. Never touch a gun. If you see any other child with a gun go tell a grownup. Guns should always be treated as if they are loaded.

A gun is not the problem. A gun has never been the problem. A gun never will be the problem. Treating a gun as the problem means ignoring the real problem. As Huckabee said, "We don't have a gun problem; we have a heart problem." Knowing what the problem is is half way to the solution. Trying to make an object the problem will never get to the solution.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:28 PM

583 posts, read 884,630 times
Quote:
If you don't believe in the Easter Bunny, what do you believe in?

What a ridiculous question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies