U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 AM

32,078 posts, read 8,808,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Which has zero to do with this conversation, and if you think it does, then if we get rid of poverty then all this gun violence will go away.....yea...o.k.......
Yes, it will reduce the gun violence unless you are trying to say that healthy neighborhoods with low poverty are equally as dangerous as neighborhoods with high poverty in Chicago, which would be a lie, but you keep cherry picking, I know you are good at it, o.k......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 AM

15,700 posts, read 5,895,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I said it happens and it happens a lot, there are plenty of articles on the internet about. Try a Google search, you might learn something.
You mean peole doing things illegal....got it.... glad you fnally figured out that selling guns out of trunk is illegal.....

If you have to do a goole search for that...well, you have other problems...

Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
You mean peole doing things illegal....got it.... glad you fnally figured out that selling guns out of trunk is illegal.....

If you have to do a goole search for that...well, you have other problems...
Obviously your Google must be broken, I was referring to things like this.
AZ gun show dealers exposed - no background checks

Maybe you should look into things like this before pretending like it doesn't happen.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM

Another good article for you.
Quote:
What makes gun shows such a tricky market for regulators is that often there is very little on the surface to distinguish federal licensed dealers from the private sellers who can sell weapons without a background check. This “Gun Show Loophole” has been a favorite legislative target of gun-control advocates for a decade now, and it’s one of the key provisions in the democratic platform that has so many gun rights advocates riled up. Here at Crossroads, private sellers often have tables stocked with an equally dizzying array of firearms – many new in the box – and the only difference is that their weapons are labeled with handwritten garage sale-style price tags, and that instead of fancy canvas signs they often just post a sheet that reads: PRIVATE SELLER/NO PAPER. With enough cash and a flash of your Arizona ID, you can walk away with as many untraceable firearms as you like.
“This is the Wild West” - Salon.com
This is what needs to be illegal at gun shows.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Obviously your Google must be broken, I was referring to things like this.
AZ gun show dealers exposed - no background checks

Maybe you should look into things like this before pretending like it doesn't happen.
Where did I say it never happened? If you will go back and read....you'll see I said responsible gun owners....

Again, the laws are there...whether you obey them is not my problem....just be ready for the consequences....

Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Where did I say it never happened? If you will go back and read....you'll see I said responsible gun owners....

Again, the laws are there...whether you obey them is not my problem....just be ready for the consequences....
And that is what I would like to see a crack down on, those who are not "responsible gun owners."

Old 12-17-2012, 03:04 PM

14,455 posts, read 15,477,975 times
Burroughs is a curious character in the Beat saga. Slightly older than his compatriots, he comes across in the new documentary as a curmudgeonly, nasty, bitter man, whose dark view of the world and humanity and obsessive love of guns, drugs, and dangerous snakes, make him seem more mentally ill than a literary giant. I couldnít help thinking that nine lives out of 10, a man like this would have spent the majority of his life in prison. That Burroughs didnít is part of the mystique. While in Mexico City in the 1950s with Kerouac, Ginsberg, et al, Burroughs shot his wife in the head while playing a drunken reenactment of William Tell.

leave it to janelle to admire Wm Burroughs, lol.

he was also a supporter of NAMBLA. You should read your sources before you cite them

William S. Burroughs Documentary Captures The Mystique But Not the Man | FrontRow

Old 12-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
And that is what I would like to see a crack down on, those who are not "responsible gun owners."
I agree...this is why I get a CCP/CWP when I trade a gun.....I'm covered if it is current....

Old 12-17-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I agree...this is why I get a CCP/CWP when I trade a gun.....I'm covered if it is current....
Good for you, the government needs to crack down on those that don't. That is all I am suggesting.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 PM

10,737 posts, read 2,586,421 times
Quote:
That would be the criminals, right? Well, just make new laws, problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies