Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 04:16 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooka View Post
I guess both sides will never stop the demagoguing.

I would rather have both houses of congress, the states and the potus follow the Constitution as written, as they are supposed to do, which they never do until it suits them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I would rather have both houses of congress, the states and the potus follow the Constitution as written, as they are supposed to do, which they never do until it suits them.
Sounds a lot like all the religions around the world, including the Christian one. So many use the "Bible" to fit their agenda. The Constitution seems to be the same, subject to many interpretations.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Most true americans don't need a gun nor do they constantly worry about police protection.
What world do you live in ? Please take off the rose colored glasses and open your eyes. You can still lead a positive life at the same time being aware that society is full of evil people and know one is going to protect you and your family from them. So you have to use every option available.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:12 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
people dont care, they would rather ban something that looks cosmetically bad than worry about the function of that same rifle.
My friend, you can't ban something that is already banned such as Assault Rifles. AR-15's are sport rifles. What's next knives-4x4's, bricks? How about we ban Prozac and other controlled medication.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 AM

49 posts, read 65,194 times
Make murder illegal and guns become a non-issue.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:28 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What world do you live in ? Please take off the rose colored glasses and open your eyes. You can still lead a positive life at the same time being aware that society is full of evil people and know one is going to protect you and your family from them. So you have to use every option available.
You could look at it this way... packing a sidearm ( open carry) is common in the wilds of Alaska on down to the lower US where those who travel the trails, (guides, sportsman, adventurist ) are often seen . Its not just evil people.( a few of them too out there,but rare) Meeting a Grizzly around the bend, sure makes you feel safer when you have some powerful defense. As much as we talk about Canada and their strict Gun laws ( high on their list is handguns) its not only the Mounties that are packin in the woods.Not sure how well a handgun would stop a big brown bear , but at close range....
WE could go on down to the desert, got a few varmints, like diamond back rattlers. I have seen a lot of ranchers with a sidearm.....hell, even here in the wilds of Upper Michigan the other day the guy in front of me at Starbucks waiting for his latte ( Liberal Bastion ) had a sidearm strapped on for all the world to see ! You never know whats waiting for you in the wilds. In my mind the city streets, the blacktop jungles of Chicago where over 550 gun murders last year put the city on top of the nation....I lived there many years,...neighborhoods I would never go into more so today. I am sure NYC has some of these places also., also LA. Its all the wilds, city, town or country..... Thinking about it further, I guess I would take my chances in our woods any-day over the other choice, places I will never go when I am in the Big Windy.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
You could look at it this way... packing a sidearm ( open carry) is common in the wilds of Alaska on down to the lower US where those who travel the trails, (guides, sportsman, adventurist ) are often seen . Its not just evil people.( a few of them too out there,but rare) Meeting a Grizzly around the bend, sure makes you feel safer when you have some powerful defense. As much as we talk about Canada and their strict Gun laws ( high on their list is handguns) its not only the Mounties that are packin in the woods.Not sure how well a handgun would stop a big brown bear , but at close range....
WE could go on down to the desert, got a few varmints, like diamond back rattlers. I have seen a lot of ranchers with a sidearm.....hell, even here in the wilds of Upper Michigan the other day the guy in front of me at Starbucks waiting for his latte ( Liberal Bastion ) had a sidearm strapped on for all the world to see ! You never know whats waiting for you in the wilds. In my mind the city streets, the blacktop jungles of Chicago where over 550 gun murders last year put the city on top of the nation....I lived there many years,...neighborhoods I would never go into more so today. I am sure NYC has some of these places also., also LA. Its all the wilds, city, town or country..... Thinking about it further, I guess I would take my chances in our woods any-day over the other choice, places I will never go when I am in the Big Windy.
Good point, there are many other reasons for carrying. I guess I just used the example for myself, I live just outside of Detroit.
I know if I was on some big ranch that borders Mexico I'd want something more than just a handgun , that is for sure. And yeah I don't think I'd want to meet up with a Grizzly armed with a .380.. that would just pi$$ him off.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Holy mother of pearls. Look what became of this thread. It has to be a CD legend.

Anyways, as the original poster, let me reiterate my original point: No true law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. After all the discussion, I am even more convinced that I am correct.
In fact you are correct. Almost no one does own any assault weapon(s) However there are many Americans who own what YOU consider an assault weapon, and they are selling like hot cakes right now too.

Dealers can't stock them fast enough because makers can't keep up the demand...

So pretty much this means you are far from correct and in fact plain WRONG

Old 01-09-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Most true americans don't need a gun nor do they constantly worry about police protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm just curious... How old are you?
What this means is Goodnight can not buy or own a gun, and since this poster is amoung the Elite and can't so then no one else can..

Typical of grabbers who can't do much...

I need guns to have a good time shooting targets with my wife and son.... I heed guns to go deer and bird hunting.

In the 80's i needed a gun to defend my family because the police refused to come at all..... After that i bought guns, several in fact that by design are not for hunting but are for defense.

The light grabbers laws are directly responsible for that. If i didn't own a gun at the time i needed one, I probably wouldn't be here texting. I would be dead, my then wife would be dead and my toddler son would be dead too, and so I wouldn't have the grandson I do now..

I am not going to worry about what the Elite grabbers think now or tomorrow. Who cares what they think?

Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooka View Post
I guess both sides will never stop the demagoguing.
Probably not... We gun owners don't demand bans on items non gun owners have.... But we just might.

Since bullets and mags are said to be accessories to crimes. then perhaps clothing and cell phones are too. maybe these items should be banned

You can bank on if the 2nd falls the 1st will will to...

Grabbers desire a broken nation..... They have proven that for better than 50 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies