Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 05:24 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
YES! Let's arm them!

Lanza's mother was well armed, was she not? How well did that work out for her and 26 other people?
How well did that Gun Free School Zone work for them? Had that idiotic law not been in place, it's just possible that a member of the staff would have been armed and able to stop Lanza before he killed 26 people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 05:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
And again, if he hadn't used his mother's guns, how would he have done it? He was determined to do violence, and would have found a way.
There is NO WAY you can know that. Had he not had easy access to those guns ~ who knows whether or not he would have found another way?

You don't know.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:25 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,342 times
Quote:
I'm going to admit - this brought a little smile to my face. I love it when you get this way!
Those kids would still be here.

Guys like me are good at something.

Might as well be the BEST at what "that" is.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
How well did that Gun Free School Zone work for them? Had that idiotic law not been in place, it's just possible that a member of the staff would have been armed and able to stop Lanza before he killed 26 people.
Yes, it's a good thing that first victim was armed because she could have prevented this from happening.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I have a .308 Winchester hunting rifle if I really wanna reach out and touch someone..
Conservatives always seem to be so proud and excited at the lethal power they have at their fingertips. Always talking about how they are ready to kill, how effectively they could kill, how many they could kill. It really seems to get their heart rate up. And then we're asked to believe that they are reasonable, responsible people for such weapons.

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
ROTFLMAO

Hahaha
Well to you SAR-1 times 2 so it's SAR-1's man......

Down one of them, but the Yugo underfolder with a anti sticker on the end really get's em to quiver...
I only run 30 rnd mags or less since I don't like roasting marshmallows over wood that had cosmoline in it

besides you I wonder who else will know what i just said LOL

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
There is NO WAY you can know that. Had he not had easy access to those guns ~ who knows whether or not he would have found another way?

You don't know.
Exactly. Just as I was pointing out in the post that you quoted and replied to, nobody knows for sure what he would have done without access to his mother's guns. Saying that if she hadn't owned firearms he wouldn't have committed these murders is asinine.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Conservatives always seem to be so proud and excited at the lethal power they have at their fingertips. Always talking about how they are ready to kill, how effectively they could kill, how many they could kill. It really seems to get their heart rate up. And then we're asked to believe that they are reasonable, responsible people for such weapons.
All I have ever reached out and touched in this country is a Deer!!! Get a grip..

Old 12-16-2012, 05:29 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
YES! Let's arm them!

Lanza's mother was well armed, was she not? How well did that work out for her and 26 other people?

was she armed at home against her son? everything I have read shows that she was not armed against her son.
tell me, would you ever expect your child to kill you? i dont think so. whether it be with a gun, bat or knife, no parent expects their child to murder them.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
No not really. We would just like it if you antis would just consider the laws broken since you made them, and to leave us alone. We didn't raise the evil spawn from our loins and protect them and make them "Feel" special and create this evil! YOU DID!

All your PC lies comeforth and show as plain as day.....

In fact I fear your evil spawn..... i was forced to shoot one of them long ago...... That evil spawn of yours had served most of his life behind bars for violent drug related crimes. As usual you soft lefties paroled your spawn, and he went about committing 6 more violent drug related crimes until he came to my house in the dark of night.

With the police dispatcher on the phone in one hand and my LC Smith side by side 12Ga shot gun in the other, hearing the dispatcher tell me no one was coming, and that the words 'To Serve and Protect didn't mean the police were my personal body guards, The bad guy advanced with something shiny in his hands telling me he was going to kill me and my family.

No he wasn't..... I wasn't like the rest who begged and pleaded.... I shot that SOB in the waist and maybe somewhat lower..... That insured he would never have kids if you get the drift and i would get jailed for murder...

Oh yeah he crawled back in his car and I shot the rear window and all the lights out of that too..

Then I told the dispatcher this guy was driving a car that didn't pass NH State Inspection, since he was still on the phone.

At crime scene 8 the cops did catch up with him and they had to break both of his thumbs as he was in the act of choking some woman neighbors infant to death.... later i learned the shot put him in a wheel chair for the rest of his life, where oddly my taxes probably pay for better medical care than I can get.

After that another one of you evil spawn killed my wife's father and his 2nd bride...... if you think you will take my guns you can try.....

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 12-16-2012 at 05:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies