Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 06:09 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,183,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
In fact they love these 26 dead.... To them this serves their point that guns kill people, that guns are plain evil.....

never understanding this mother bought the guns for her inept retarded son to make his FEEL equal. The kid got off his meds and went berserk....

I would go berserk to if i was fed pablum and lies my whole life about being 'special' and being 'equal', just different and the rest of the evil non-sense liberal speak is to their very own evil spawn..

The kid was probably a drooler and because of it, couldn't get hooked up with ab hot chick..... Put on the camo's his mom bought in a ritual, and grabbed all HIS GUNS mom bought to make his FEEL better.

Makes me wonder how many dogs and cats went missing in his neighborhood too...
That's where all us gun owners differ from them. We have already thought about what we would have done had we been there. Instead of banning the guns...probaly most of us thought about "which one" we wished we had on us at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 06:12 PM

57,108 posts, read 26,082,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Clear as DAY...... The mother bought those guns illegally for her minor son who could not..... Then she screwed up and let him off his meds..... Happens all the time..
He tried to buy guns earlier at a gun store and was denied, we stilll don't know all the details.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,183,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I could go for that, as long as police, military and the civilian arm of the federal goverment is included in that.
Probably because non of us would use our weapons in a crime. Hell...I'm all for making the guy who robs the bank ride the lightning too. I don't have a problem with it.

How many of you guys have had negligent discharges? I had one when I was about 12. It went into the ground where I was taught to keep my muzzle pointed in the first place. No harm, no foul..... Never had one since.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:14 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,613,006 times
24 pages of posts about banning "assault weapons" and not a single one defines what that term means.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:17 PM

45,167 posts, read 60,292,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Probably because non of us would use our weapons in a crime. Hell...I'm all for making the guy who robs the bank ride the lighning too. I don;t have a problem with it.

How many of you guys have had negligent discharges? I had one when I was about 12. It went into the ground where I was taught to keep my muzzle pointed in the first place. No harm, no foul..... Never had one since.

A couple, into the air straight up. I no longer fiddle with the safety when I'm in the blind.

I've stopped hunting with more than one guy due to lack of safety protocols. I also teach Hunter Safety/Shooting Skills and I'll instruct a hunting partner once about safety. Just once. After that I'm busy when they call to see if I want to go.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM

57,108 posts, read 26,082,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
24 pages of posts about banning "assault weapons" and not a single one defines what that term means.
Do you really need a websters dictionary definition, it's like defining ponography, I know it when I see it.

I would say that when 27 are killed in short time by one shooter that's an assault weapon

Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,176,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post

an assault rifle is a carbine cartridge rifle capable of firing both semiautomatic(1 pull of the trigger per cartridge) and firing full automatic (more than 1 cartridge fired for 1 puull of the trigger).

too bad politicians still wont acknowledge as to what an assault rifle truly is.

all assault rifles are alrady tightly controlled by NFA 34.

National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-16-2012, 06:21 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,176,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you really need a websters dictionary definition, it's like defining ponography, I know it when I see it.

I would say that when 27 are killed in short time by one shooter that's an assault weapon

that madman who murdered all those people did not use an assault rifle.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,613,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If we're going to ban them, we must be able to define them specifically enough that we know what is, and what is not, an "assault weapon". "I'll know it when I see it" isn't good enough.

Quote:
A task easy to accomplish with a multitude of pistols, revolvers even... especially with nobody shooting back.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:27 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,084,113 times
the fact of the matter is that the weapon used in the killings is illegal by statute in Connecticut (if it was purchased after 1993). So the point is moot about gun control. It didn't work this time, and it's not ever going to work.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies