Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No he didn't have any clips, as he had magazines and they have been altered by LAW as it is so no you can't do that either.

This isn't a gun problem it is a evil spawn problem and the spawn went off his meds. His mother is accomplice to the crime and a victim of the crime at the same time.

he is a minor so far as i know by Ct law.... His mother bought these guns for him breaking the law, as these are not the type of guns most civilian females would buy. And the camo clothing he wore was not hios mothers either.

Mags do not make WMD's but thanks for the laugh.....

if you read back and see the 4473 form I posted and read it, you will see he could never have bought these guns in the first place.

Demand the laws are enforced not to make new laws that still won't be enforced.... We don't need more laws we need to enforce the law there are.

Of course you can make new laws that will never be enforced until the Moon turns blue if you want.... You will waste time and money doing both...

making schools Gun Free Zones is another law that was broken what about just enforcing the laws we have?

That law didn't work out very well did it, and you would make more laws? Seems kind dumb to me.
It should also be mentioned that it doesn't stop with that 4473. Once filled out the FBI is called for a NICS check on you. I've seen many not clear in my days...all the while the buyer wore a smile and "couldn't believe it" when he was denied.

You knew it azzhole!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
And, none of the acts were done by NRA members.

Connecticut School Shooting: "NRA is a Domestic Terrorist Group" - YouTube

Old 12-16-2012, 07:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
It's not so much that it failed, it failed to make a difference. "Assault weapons", as defined in the '94 ban, are simply not used in enough crimes to be significant. Most years more people are killed with knives than "assault weapons".
That ban sun set..... Joe Biden dreamed that ban up, and Bill Clinton signed it. The strangest thing was it didn't ban anything but parts and made it a living hell to get the 10 banned parts off a gun which then made it mom and pop gun store legal. All the while the anti;s believe there were guns banned.

I bought 2 AK-47 clones in the middle of the ban. These can't hold a bayonet..... Big deal..

The antis said blood would run in the streets the day the ban sun set too, and ya know what nuthin happened.

I agree almost no crimes have been committed with the guns that were supposedly banned. There is no basis to create more laws..

Obviously laws don't stop criminals and wackos. We need to ban criminal and wackos, and the people who let them run free.

It is high time to stop pretending a liberal society is a polite society as it just allows these evil spawn to go crazy and kill. The anti gun grabbers truly own this crime.

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes we must be able to define them, Lanza used an AR-15 style semi automatic Bushmaster from the reports I have read (different version than the miitary M-16 but very similar) and had multiple 30 round magazines, I would calssify that as an assault rifle.

then you would be wrong. it isnt an assault rifle. would it have made you happier if lanza would have used a civilian BAR in 30-06 and had some 20 round magazines instead of a 223 and 30 rounders?

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?

Define, "assault weapon"

I can assault you with a fork.

Semi-auto's with a big clip and night vision are awesome hog guns, when they are trashing the pasture at night, rooting up the ground.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

so is ELF and the sierra club.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
You can buy guns on Craig's list....

Need I say more.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Need I say more.
You can also buy them at guns shows without a background check!

Quote:
Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business” of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Though commonly referred to as the “Gun Show Loophole,” the “private sales” described above include guns sold at gun shows, through classified newspaper ads, the Internet, and between individuals virtually anywhere.
http://www.csgv.org/issues-and-campa...-show-loophole

Old 12-16-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Assuming you mean semi automatic here, I can. Do you realize how fast society will fall apart if the power goes out? And it can go out. A large enough solar flare could take out electrical grids around the world. What good will any food we manage to store for an emergency be if we can't defend it? (I think about this one because I do store food and water for an emergency but could not stop someone from taking it if they were armed. I also couldn't stop them from harming my children because I might not be able to even dial 911.) I pray it never happens but the day could come when I wish I'd bought guns and ammo while I could.

I've read predictions of outcomes for such an event and some say that 50% of our population will die. The ones who will live won't be the ones who stockpiled food (like my Mormon neighbors) it will be the ones with the guns who take their food.
Comon, that's a bit over the top... I have food stored because I have a 60' x 100' feet garden. I also tap sugar maple and have maple syrup... I hunt and there is meat in the freezer and i can smoke some, and sun dry other to jerky, and i have guns enough to play if I must play.....

Who is taking what from me?

I do over hear conversation from city slicks who have the idea I will be out tying a deer to every tree in the event of a social breakdown..

trust me i won't be doing that........ There is nothing here for anyone else unless i say different period. The gun will enforce that much....

Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Need I say more.
Really? I assume in state face to face sales or thru FFL to FFL, other wise some folks will be going on a long vacation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies