Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:42 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Lee View Post
no your not being bossy If i post it in politics they will tell me that it has nothing to do with polititians ..... Give me a break not you personally but its like dam if i do dam if i dont.
I understand. But I would argue that the mom of the shooter being one of his victims but left out of the memorial is a controversial topic. So it does belong there. Politics is not just about elected politicians. It's about the way we socialize and relate to each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 06:44 PM

71 posts, read 79,654 times
i would think since the woman is from CT and there is a Memorial IN CT that i had a question about for the Massacare that she was apart of in CT is CT was where I posted it since it all relates to a person who lived and died in CT

Old 12-16-2012, 06:46 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,754,293 times
Sara Lee:

I too don't see the [ need for your post. Maybe you meant nothing by it, but I saw it as a post designed to cause controversy. It's a " she should " versus " she shouldn't " type of post. It's a post bound to go down hill fast and as others have said, Connecticut neither needs nor wants posts that will devolve into arguments on the overall subject.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Sara Lee:

I too don't see the [ need for your post. Maybe you meant nothing by it, but I saw it as a post designed to cause controversy. It's a " she should " versus " she shouldn't " type of post. It's a post bound to go down hill fast and as others have said, Connecticut neither needs nor wants posts that will devolve into arguments on the overall subject.
i was just Innocently curious why the mother was not included in the Memorial....... i posted a simple no frills not trying to fight question as to why maybe someone new something or heard something i did not hear. Since she is from ct it happenend in ct and the memorial is in ct i figured i post it in CT an not under the other thread I was already told not to derail with this.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:53 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
No worries. If it's an issue it will be moved.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:00 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
No worries. If it's an issue it will be moved.
Yep.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
I am watching the news right now Fox and they said that Nancy Lanza will not be added to the memorial that the President is attending. WHY? She was a victim
I watched the memorial on CNN tonight and there IS a memorial piece with names and pictures of victims they have and Nancy Lanza IS shown as one of the victims.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I watched the memorial on CNN tonight and there IS a memorial piece with names and pictures of victims they have and Nancy Lanza IS shown as one of the victims.
no its not here name is not included Molly from FOX mentioned she was not being included this is after i posted this thread that she made this statement. She said the parents and organizers did not feel it was fitting since its to early in the invetigation to know if the mother played a active part .

Old 12-16-2012, 07:43 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
i would think since the woman is from CT and there is a Memorial IN CT that i had a question about for the Massacare that she was apart of in CT is CT was where I posted it since it all relates to a person who lived and died in CT
The analogy would be (if C-D existed then) having a discussion like this about 9/11 in the New York City forum instead of the Politics forum.

Or to go "off-line" walking into the interfaith service and interrupting President Obama (or whoever is speaking) to ask this question would another equivalent of what putting it in the CT forum is like.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:58 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
My brother noticied tonight Malloy was the only one to say 27 victims. As of today, I'd disagree, and say 26 as of now, with a fully publicized detailed investigation required to determine if she should be included as a victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies