Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,226,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama should be very ashamed.

After his Fast and Furious, this little acting job was far too slimey. He doesn't give a crap about those lives lost, or he'd show a little decency and let people grieve before rushing in to exploit the tragedy for his political agenda.

Ban politicians.
Right because obviously you know Obama personally. This isn't the time nor the thread to be spewing your hate propaganda. Start up a new thread if you want to do that.

Just shut the hell up and be thankful it wasn't your kid that took a bullet between the eyes. How distasteful of you to use this as an opportunity to bash the POTUS just because you don't like him. I can't imagine how you justify your own existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,441,040 times
Anyone who listens to that speech and then callously trashes the notion that we need to do more to protect our children from murderers is heartless scum.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I totally disagree with you what we need is a " sworn law enforcement officer " armed with his hand gun and assault rifle at every elementary , middle school and high school ( that would put a complete instant stop ) to all of this madness.
No it wouldn't. FYI, most high schools *do* have armed police officers patrolling around the grounds of the school. Having just one will help reduce the chances but it won't put a complete stop to the madness.

People will find a way to commit crimes, unfortunately.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,797,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
He's still giving the speech now, as I type this. But I am greatly moved by what he said.

There was the usual fluff, the slow-motion enunciation, the downcast eyes, the chewing of the lower lip. I was eerily reminded of an odd blend of Al Gore and Bill Clinton.

But that aside, the SUBSTANCE of the speech is what made me pay attention. The President asked if he (and we) in good conscience could wait any longer before "doing something about this", referrring of course to the horrible shootings at the elementary school in Newtown, and he also mentioned other shootings in Aurora, and Columbine High School...
Newsflash for ya. The government can't save you. Life has already had risks, and no promise for safe passage from the Oval Office or any institution can be guaranteed. Not even when there are tears from the big guy himself.

The loss of yet more personal freedom for hundreds of millions of people is the only surefire consequence.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:22 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,567,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
No it wouldn't. FYI, most high schools *do* have armed police officers patrolling around the grounds of the school. Having just one will help reduce the chances but it won't put a complete stop to the madness.

People will find a way to commit crimes, unfortunately.
We agree to disagree Elementary School do not have campus Police Officer(s) assigned to every campus LIKE MIDDLE SCHOOL and HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS(S) here in CA I know what I'm Talking About because of My Three KID(S) and GrandKID(S)...attended and currently attend. You and I don't know what a Sworn Law Enforcement Officer(s) could and couldn't do until we cross THAT BRIDGE...however how many of these shoot out happen on a CALIFORNIA SCHOOL CAMPUS....(?)

Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,567,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Newsflash for ya. The government can't save you. Life has already had risks, and no promise for safe passage from the Oval Office or any institution can be guaranteed. Not even when there are tears from the big guy himself.

The loss of yet more personal freedom for hundreds of millions of people is the only surefire consequence.
Hummmm maybe not ( the US Government ) could restrict where guns are allowed by embedding a computer chip in each and every gun allowing guns and assualt weapons to be stored within houses and hand guns only to be stored within cars.

That would restrict Friday Death And Destruction to the shooter MOTHER HOUSE not allowing this horendous MASS MURDER TO TAKE PLACE.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
We agree to disagree Elementary School do not have campus Police Officer(s) assigned to every campus LIKE MIDDLE SCHOOL and HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS(S) here in CA I know what I'm Talking About because of My Three KID(S) and GrandKID(S)...attended and currently attend. You and I don't know what a Sworn Law Enforcement Officer(s) could and couldn't do until we cross THAT BRIDGE...however how many of these shoot out happen on a CALIFORNIA SCHOOL CAMPUS....(?)
I honestly don't know. I've only been living in Hollywood since late April.

If you wish to enlighten me, feel free.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,137,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
7 days in a week, 24 hours in a day. Sunday night 8:30pm chosen to make a speech.
Is there a point here?

A sneaky subversive conspiracy of timing????Is that what you think?

8:30 on Sunday evenings is evil?

What?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,137,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Mr.Obama's answer to all our problems is of course Big Brother government again...

Its the media and the glorification of violence Adam was a big shootem' up gamer and his mother was a very stupid women to have unsecured weapons around a mentally ill person...where will the next insane event occur where people are defenseless to a crazed teenage killer with no sense of reality. [NURSING HOMES ?]

Our Hollywood violence culture has caused people to fear the Clockwork Orange mentality of todays kids.You know we recited the Lords Prayer everyday before school and things were so much better like a protective hedge against evil. """"

Ya, right, no bad things happened then...

"""Pray for the families hug loved ones tell them you love them.
""""Mr.Obama's answer to all our problems is of course Big Brother government again..."""

As opposed to the gun nuts who want to mandate arming teachers, training them (all for FREE , of course, placing armed guards at schools (all free, of course) ???

Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,305,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m
7 days in a week, 24 hours in a day. Sunday night 8:30pm chosen to make a speech.
He didn't just "make a speech" at his own convenience, he was one of the speakers at a memorial. And he certainly didn't have control over picking the day and the time the people of Newtown decided to hold that memorial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies