U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2012, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,686 posts, read 33,686,426 times
Reputation: 51888

Advertisements

This is why people don't want their taxes raised. The revenue doesn't go for paying off the deficit. It goes for more Obama spending on federal government projects. And if the spending conservatives block it for the federal government add-ons, the spendaholics will say the big mean tea party conservatives in Congress don't want to help the Hurricane Sandy people.

"President Obama’s $60.4 billion request for Hurricane Sandy relief has morphed into a huge Christmas stocking of goodies:"

Obama Sandy aid bill filled with holiday goodies unrelated to storm damage - NYPOST.com

$13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms (details?).
$8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice Depts
$150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for fisheries in Alaska
$207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center
$41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
$3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center
$2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC
$1.1 million to repair national cemeteries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2012, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 25,019,983 times
Reputation: 7739
Obama has been talking about letting the tax cuts expire for years, and he was reelected. The people have spoken.

Faced With Fiscal Cliff, Americans Want Tax Cuts for Wealthy To Expire - ABC News

Poll shows support for raising taxes on the rich - Yahoo! News

Americans OK Allowing Tax Cuts for Wealthy to Expire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Palo Alto
12,172 posts, read 7,041,618 times
Reputation: 4175
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
So let them all expire. I'm all for it. And I'll pay a lot more than most will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2012, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,686 posts, read 33,686,426 times
Reputation: 51888
The federal government gets its money from appropriations bills to fund federal agencies. The agencies submit their requests for the budget to their Departments and then the Departments submit their budget requests to the President and then he submits them to Congress.

Sneaking funding for federal agencies into other-than annual appropriations requests is sneaky and showing the spendaholic ways have not stopped despite the rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 AM
 
Location: South East
4,209 posts, read 3,089,322 times
Reputation: 1453
Not suprised! BO lies from both sides of his mouth and his idiot believers just drool and shake their heads like the mindless idiots they are.

I can't wait to see the cries from the left when taxes are raised and it effects their live - i.e. their pay, or jobs, are cut. Just like with Obamacare.

Elections have consequences. And btw lefties.....stop acting like your vote speaks for everyone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,930 posts, read 19,149,139 times
Reputation: 9160
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This is why people don't want their taxes raised. The revenue doesn't go for paying off the deficit. It goes for more Obama spending on federal government projects. And if the spending conservatives block it for the federal government add-ons, the spendaholics will say the big mean tea party conservatives in Congress don't want to help the Hurricane Sandy people.

"President Obama’s $60.4 billion request for Hurricane Sandy relief has morphed into a huge Christmas stocking of goodies:"

Obama Sandy aid bill filled with holiday goodies unrelated to storm damage - NYPOST.com

$13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms (details?).
$8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice Depts
$150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for fisheries in Alaska
$207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center
$41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
$3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center
$2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC
$1.1 million to repair national cemeteries
And what problem, exactly, do you have with any of this spending?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 AM
 
Location: South East
4,209 posts, read 3,089,322 times
Reputation: 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
And what problem, exactly, do you have with any of this spending?
You ARE kidding, correct??

Just in case you are a leftie with no ability to realize it, news flash to you: we have no money so that equals NO spending - especially on things we do not need right now. It is a very simple concept and one the loony left just can't seem to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,241 posts, read 15,309,069 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This is why people don't want their taxes raised. The revenue doesn't go for paying off the deficit. It goes for more Obama spending on federal government projects. And if the spending conservatives block it for the federal government add-ons, the spendaholics will say the big mean tea party conservatives in Congress don't want to help the Hurricane Sandy people.

"President Obama’s $60.4 billion request for Hurricane Sandy relief has morphed into a huge Christmas stocking of goodies:"

Obama Sandy aid bill filled with holiday goodies unrelated to storm damage - NYPOST.com

$13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms (details?).
$8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice Depts
$150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for fisheries in Alaska
$207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center
$41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
$3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center
$2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC
$1.1 million to repair national cemeteries
Hate to break it to you, but the election is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 06:03 AM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,479,450 times
Reputation: 9075
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Obama has been talking about letting the tax cuts expire for years, and he was reelected. The people have spoken.
And not a single one has a clue what they're speaking about.

Psssssssstttttttttt: 0bama's election was not a mandate. Far from it.

'The people have spoken........" lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 AM
 
Location: South East
4,209 posts, read 3,089,322 times
Reputation: 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And not a single one has a clue what they're speaking about.

Psssssssstttttttttt: 0bama's election was not a mandate. Far from it.

'The people have spoken........" lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top