Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,066,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Offensive? You find the truth offensive?

Why am I asking. Of course you do.

Why don't the lazy, shiftless liberals/progressives just go get jobs? Don't they realize Monday is work day? An isn't congress on vacation? What a bunch of morons!
You've gotta be kidding me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,004,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
6 dead teachers that did nothing. Had the first teacher been able to carry there would be 5 less dead teachers and probably many less dead children.
I want to correct you that it is UNTRUE that they did "nothing." At least two (principal included) lunged herself at the coward (shooter.) At least one more stood outside the class to divert the coward elsewhere after she had hidden her students. They just had no chance against him.

Why can't we at least have tasers at school? We have fire extinguishers and defibrillators to save lives, but what about situations like this?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,627,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Offensive? You find the truth offensive?

Why am I asking. Of course you do.

Why don't the lazy, shiftless liberals/progressives just go get jobs? Don't they realize Monday is work day? An isn't congress on vacation? What a bunch of morons!
I look back longingly at the pre-Internet days before I understood how cold, callous, and dangerous you people really are.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,178,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
This would assure every child that if he can`t get a gun at home he can simply disarm a teacher. There`s a reason why prison guards don`t carry guns.
So you compare students to prisoners. That in itself shows alot.
You compare prison guards to teachers that says alot.
Teachers are not prison guards and kids are not prisoners.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,335,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I want to correct you that it is UNTRUE that they did "nothing." At least two (principal included) lunged herself at the coward (shooter.) At least one more stood outside the class to divert the coward elsewhere after she had hidden her students. They just had no chance against him.

Why can't we at least have tasers at school? We have fire extinguishers and defibrillators to save lives, but what about situations like this?
Every high-school built in Anchorage after 1977 included an indoor gun range to teach students about firearm safety and handling, until the Democrat controlled Congress banned all firearms in schools.

If you are looking for someone to blame in this tragedy, blame the Democrats. As usual, they got it completely wrong.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 AM

12,225 posts, read 6,390,535 times
Quote:
The point I made went completely over your head so I`ll try again. An armed teacher or an armed policeman in the school can be disarmed. Does that help? Hopefully the right wing c-d censor won`t delete this post and accuse me of flaming.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 AM

24,261 posts, read 14,106,105 times
Quote:
In high schools, and middle schools teachers have been beaten by those students. What is going to stop a student from beating a teacher, and taking their gun?

I worked in high schools. These kids had 50+ pounds on me, and many of them were much taller than me. Most females, and many male teachers wouldn't stand a chance.

I guess the teacher could always shoot the kid about to pummel them.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,501,524 times
I see plenty of people asking for sensible gun reforms, I see no one asking that guns be banned, and yet thread after thread from the cowboys clutching their weapons to their chests, and crying hysterically in fear. What is wrong with some people that they can't see the need for sensible reforms?

Old 12-17-2012, 08:07 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,770,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
This would assure every child that if he can`t get a gun at home he can simply disarm a teacher. There`s a reason why prison guards don`t carry guns.
They don't carry guns but guns are present outside of exclusion zones. Sad to say but it's the prison model that needs to be followed here. You need a section of the school where only teachers, students and the very essential personnel are located. All of these people will be required to go through a metal detector to gain access and any weapons will be strictly prohibited. Not only will that prevent the issue you have outlined but it will also prevent some nut case who is a teacher or anyone else in the building from having access to weapon around students.

Anyone coming to the school during school hours will do so at completely different section or building of the school with armed personnel.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:11 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,335,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I see plenty of people asking for sensible gun reforms, I see no one asking that guns be banned, and yet thread after thread from the cowboys clutching their weapons to their chests, and crying hysterically in fear. What is wrong with some people that they can't see the need for sensible reforms?
Nobody is proposing "sensible gun reforms." I see only nut-jobs screaming for all weapons to be banned, or registered (which is the same thing as a complete ban), or taxed out of existence. The knee-jerk irrational hysteria is coming from the anti-gun wackos, not the pro-Second Amendment supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies