Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I look back longingly at the pre-Internet days before I understood how cold, callous, and dangerous you people really are.
Here...let me help:

The log-off button is in the very bottom left corner. Use it.

Jeez!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And this is the problem. Neither side is willing to discuss restrictions, and try to reason out what might work.
Here's is the fundamental hurdle, there is nearly 300 million guns legally owned by private citizens. Since you suggest sensible restrictions I would assume confiscation of these weapons is out of the question?

That leaves you with nearly 300 million legally owned firearms in the hands of private citizens including handguns, AR's, AK's etc. What's your plan?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
This has got to be one of the most offensive posts ever to appear on CD.

Shame on you!!
How was that post offensive?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
OK. Then maybe I need a safe with a scan AND a pin code. If you knock me out you can't get the code.
ahh but now your access time is reduced.

Of course I'm kidding the fingerprint safe is ideal, you can only do so much.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
This would assure every child that if he can`t get a gun at home he can simply disarm a teacher. There`s a reason why prison guards don`t carry guns.
They should never know who or what teacher is armed. Then each teacher that carries should be trained to restrain, maybe, the person have some kind of martial arts training.

Something tells me not many teachers these days would be up for the multi-tasking..........

Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 AM

691 posts, read 771,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Funny how the NRA has been basically completely silent since Friday...yet progressives are somehow the problem in this issue. The hypocrisy is very palpable.

The NRA does not sell guns. Why would they even have an opinion on this issue? The NRA headquarters is three miles from my house. The only guns are in their museum or are owned by private individuals who use the shooting range on site.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Ah yes blame the NRA for some nutjob. Typical prog behavior.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The point I made went completely over your head so I`ll try again. An armed teacher or an armed policeman in the school can be disarmed. Does that help? Hopefully the right wing c-d censor won`t delete this post and accuse me of flaming.
You compared prison guards to teachers. So far all of the school shootings happened because a nut job chose to bring them on campus . A well trained gun owner could have done more to stop it

Old 12-17-2012, 08:12 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
This has got to be one of the most offensive posts ever to appear on CD.

Shame on you!!
How is what a said offensive .

Old 12-17-2012, 08:12 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Here's is the fundamental hurdle, there is nearly 300 million guns legally owned by private citizens. Since you suggest sensible restrictions I would assume confiscation of these weapons is out of the question?

That leaves you with nearly 300 million legally owned firearms in the hands of private citizens including handguns, AR's, AK's etc. What's your plan?
I would be in favor of a grandfather clause. Those guns should be registered, if they aren't already. The owner of those guns should be fully responsible for ANY crime committed with those guns, which might prompt more owners to lock them up. If a weapon is stolen, the owner is responsible for any crime, unless it has already been reported stolen.
If you own it YOU are to be fully responsible for it. YOU should know where it is at ALL times. If you let someone borrow it, or it is stolen and not reported, YOU are responsible for their actions involving that gun.
Most guns used in crimes are stolen from private homes.

If your freedom is on the line you are going to be much more careful with the location of your guns, and who is allowed to use them.

I also think there should be some sort of "flag" on background searches. If you are being treated for some mental issues, you are flagged, no description of the problem, just a flag.
You should be able to get the flag removed by having a clean bill of mental health. This would only cut down on new purchases to people who are being treated, but it's a start. Not sure how this would mesh with HIPPA laws. Maybe someone else does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies