Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Seriously?

Do you think that the owner wouldn't be able to show he was on vacation, and that his house was broken into?
The owner should not have to prove anything. If he says he was on vacation what laws compel the police to demand hotel receipts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,531,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why not?

I mean, progressives are ignorant sheep used to placing blame on the wrong people.

But not as ignorant sheep as Conservatives and NRA members.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:04 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,039,629 times
Quote:
My car WAS stolen, and used to commit a crime. I had to prove my whereabouts during the time of the crimes, since it happened while I was in the office, and didn't even know my car was stolen.

If my car was stolen and a month later it was used in a crime, and I never reported it stolen, I would be stupid and should be held accountable for the crimes, since I didn't report it stolen.

If you want the responsibility for owning a gun, you should be responsible for that gun.
You argument falls apart where you state that someone doesn't report their car stolen.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,193,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you think the america is you have to prove that you are innocent
Do you realize that many people who are innocent of crimes have to show that they weren't involved every day?

It is generally as simple as the police asking where you were, and you having an alibi.
"I was on vacation, I just got back, here are my airline tickets" End of story.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:07 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,437,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So lets see, Republicans had full control over the house, the senate, and the WH for 6 years and they did nothing. So who's to blame again?

Do you really want all teachers and students armed? What happens when a football player type student decides he wants his teachers gun? I am sure he would have no problem getting it and then the killing starts again Is that what you want?
Yes, I want everyone armed and with the knowledge to use it safely.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:07 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,039,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
But not as ignorant sheep as Conservatives and NRA members.
Yet, not ONE of these tragedies were committed by NRA members.

We true conservatives use the constitution for arguments.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,013,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If the house was broken as per my example there would a police report which should have what was taken
Yes but suppose it's a relative or someone else that doesn't force their way into the home and you don't realize the gun is missing. 2 weeks later someone dies being shot by it...

Old 12-17-2012, 09:09 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,306,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet
Someone steals your baseball bat and beats their wife to death it's the owner of the baseball bats fault .

Ridiculous line of thought
Baseball bats aren't manufactured with the sole purpose to kill. Baseball bats and guns are apples and oranges.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,193,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Really? Who doesn't report their car stolen? What if it's stolen in the middle of the night and the hit and run occurs before you even know that your car is gone?

ANY damage or loss of life is the responsibility of the person driving the car or pulling the trigger.....period!
EXACTY! Who doesn't report their car stolen? Why should it be any different when it is a gun?

I already gave a real life example of what happens if something happens before you realize it was stolen.

If a crime happens a week later and you didn't report it, you should be held accountable. Same with a gun.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,959,536 times
Quote:
EXACTY! Who doesn't report their car stolen? Why should it be any different when it is a gun?

I already gave a real life example of what happens if something happens before you realize it was stolen.

If a crime happens a week later and you didn't report it, you should be held accountable. Same with a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies