U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,121,027 times

Advertisements

It's something to think about. There has never been a murder or a mass shooting at a Gun Show. Do you think there is a reason for this? I mean think about it. There are thousands of firearms at every gun show held every weekend somewhere within the United States.................yet not one record of a person or persons ever going on a shooting spree to purposely kill people. That pretty much speaks volumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Status: "Trump: Inept, Incompetent, Insecure" (set 5 days ago)

10,519 posts, read 6,205,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
It's something to think about. There has never been a murder or a mass shooting at a Gun Show. Do you think there is a reason for this? I mean think about it. There are thousands of firearms at every gun show held every weekend somewhere within the United States.................yet not one record of a person or persons ever going on a shooting spree to purposely kill people. That pretty much speaks volumes.
Professional courtesy?

Old 12-17-2012, 06:21 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,379,395 times
Default Shooting at a gun show

Thanks. That could be the title of the shortest adventure novel ever. I can see the headline now.

Depressed spoiled kid attempts to shoot up a gun show. Assault lasts for three seconds before the perpetrator is killed by multiple gunshots. It would be a short novel.

Please note the irresponsible crazies always go after unarmed or unprotected victims. These cowards are simply too scared of taking the chance of being shot before they can finish their evil and before they kill themselves. I wish they would do the suicide part first.

Unfortunately I cannot think of any way to screen the population for sanity without requiring a complete tyranny. In the meantime we just have to arm every sane citizen and figure a way to protect our innocents. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:46 AM

3,448 posts, read 2,678,922 times
Well...if it was a town where you checked your guns in at the sheriffs office, that would be one thing. But its not so the next question is do good guys out number mentally disturbed mental case's ? I think so prob at least 1000's to 1 in every circimstance....therefore wouldn't the women and children feel better if all the guys left for work with the biggest cannon possible in their overcoat or pocket..? Extra deputy's for the situation. Why work against decent people with guns, organization thats all and the disturbed will be translating a different world. Tackling a problem "must to some degree" consider...when in Rome. Plus the violent-hate natured social , entertainment, whatever has to go, all of it...a face wash. Mental people are very impressionable.

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-17-2012 at 07:00 AM..

Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 AM

20,332 posts, read 10,448,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Well...if it was a town where you checked your guns in at the sheriffs office, that would be one thing. But its not so the next question is do good guys out number mentally disturbed mental case's ? I think so prob at least 1000's to 1 in every circimstance....therefore wouldn't the women and children feel better if all the guys left for work with the biggest cannon possible in their overcoat or pocket..? Extra deputy's for the situation.
Women carry as well. I feel safer because I know how to protect myself, and have the ability to calmly reason through a situation. If someone is trying to rob me, I give them my purse, wallet, jewelry, car, whatever. The only reason to pull a weapon to to protect my body from harm. Stuff can be replaced.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:00 AM

63,050 posts, read 34,335,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Maybe because they do not allow loaded guns at the gun shows.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 AM

29,741 posts, read 16,439,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe because they do not allow loaded guns at the gun shows.
nor do they at public schools, but yet...

Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 AM

5,334 posts, read 6,141,124 times
So now we've moved the goalposts from "wonder why no crazies shoot up police stations?" which was proven to be false.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:08 AM

63,050 posts, read 34,335,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
nor do they at public schools, but yet...
The number of schools vs number of gun shows is probably 1000 to 1, so it is not surprising these things happen more at schools. It happened at an army base, which is full of soldiers.....I would not be surprised if there was a shooting at a gun show. As you know, the killers typically like to become one of the casualities, and if a cop does not shoot them, they do it themselves.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:12 AM

4,149 posts, read 9,327,191 times
I'd like to see a figure on how many murders every year are committed by CHL holders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies