Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:38 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,041,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why would the NRA comment? The NRA has nothing to do with crazy 20 year old mental cases.
they should stay out of it until there is a discussion on gun control policy. I for one am not blaming the NRA for these tragedies but based on their current stance, I believe they do stand in the way of common sense policy changes that could save lives.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:41 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
The fact that she didnt secure her guns properly is a completely different issue.
Also he never had any criminal background or real documented history so he sort of slipped under the radar as sad as that is.
Just like most of the other mass killers.

The fact that gun nuts are conveniently ignoring is that these killers ARE normal, law-abiding types until AFTER they've slaughtered people. And they get their guns legally, or readily get them illegally (like Adam Lanza and the Columbine killers) from "responsible gun owners."

The NRA is busy developing its latest shiny object scapegoat to distract the American public from this obvious fact so they can keep making millions off of gun nuts.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:24 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
they should stay out of it until there is a discussion on gun control policy. I for one am not blaming the NRA for these tragedies but based on their current stance, I believe they do stand in the way of common sense policy changes that could save lives.
Events where the police need to intervene: ~14 deaths.
Events where the citizens are able to intervene: ~2.5 deaths.

That's all I need to know. I am responsible for my own safety and my families safety. To rely on a police officer to arrive in time or to randomly be in a position to stop something before myself and my family may become a statistic is insane.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Events where the police need to intervene: ~14 deaths.
Events where the citizens are able to intervene: ~2.5 deaths.

That's all I need to know. I am responsible for my own safety and my families safety. To rely on a police officer to arrive in time or to randomly be in a position to stop something before myself and my family may become a statistic is insane.
Really. How are you going to protect your school age children?

Live at the school? Send them in with a gun? Homeschool?

Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
It's not possible that every member of the NRA are nuts. They may be with holding a statement because they are not a knee jerk group. Could it be that they are giving this some thought...unlike some who jump in like cut throat opportunists looking for political advantage at the expense of slaughtered angels?

Old 12-20-2012, 09:34 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really. How are you going to protect your school age children?

Live at the school? Send them in with a gun? Homeschool?
I have no problem allowing legal carry within schools by teachers.

If the schools wanted volunteers (a la Israel) to help with security who wouldn't say yes.

Can we protect against everything that could potentially harm our kids, no. But like fire drills, AEDs, and CPR training we can mitigate the effects of a bad situation. Nothing, including firearms, is a panacea against violence or natural disasters, but to ignore facts is ignorance.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
And again I ask....why do you feel that they need to make a statement?

Old 12-20-2012, 09:45 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
Has anyone heard a statement form the NRA?
Why does it matter?

You won't "hear" anything the NRA says, because you have already determined that whatever the NRA says is already wrong or not good enough or whatever other little petty criticisms you have.

Besides, it's in poor taste -- unless your goal is to get the NRA to make a statement for every shooting that ever occurs.

The NRA is not the "bad guy" here.

The "bad guy" here is people like you....who crawl out from the gutter when such events occur to twist and pervert to further your agenda.

Hearing...

Mircea

Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
Still no statment from the NRA!!
I don't expect one.

[nor need one]

Old 12-20-2012, 10:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
I have no problem allowing legal carry within schools by teachers.

If the schools wanted volunteers (a la Israel) to help with security who wouldn't say yes.

Can we protect against everything that could potentially harm our kids, no. But like fire drills, AEDs, and CPR training we can mitigate the effects of a bad situation. Nothing, including firearms, is a panacea against violence or natural disasters, but to ignore facts is ignorance.
I'm glad you have no problem with it but that is not the law right now, so that is out. And get rid of the silly notion that all "a la Israel " teachers carry guns. They don't. They actually have strict gun laws. Talk about ignoring facts .

Now what ? Do you have kids in school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies