Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,582 times

Advertisements

Well ever since the NRA came out and condemned Ted Nugent for strutting around on stage saying that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama should suck on his machine gun (and a lot of x-rated comments to boot) I've considered them to be civil, wellmannered folks just like you and me.
http://splodetv.com/ted-nugent-has-s...ma-and-hillary

Oh wait, that potty mouth piece of garbage Ted Nugent is a SPOKESMAN for the NRA. He is on the NRA BOARD.
http://meetthenra.org/nra-member/ted%20nugent

Never mind. The NRA can suck it up. Or are they a bunch of weenies who can dish it out but can't take it? Really they remind me of the neighborhood bully who goes around beating up smaller kids, toilet papering people's houses and then wees his pants when his mommy grounds him.

Last edited by FrugalYankee; 12-17-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Well ever since the NRA came out and condemned Ted Nugent for strutting around on stage saying that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama should suck on his machine gun (and a lot of x-rated comments to boot) I've considered them to be civil, wellmannered folks just like you and me.
Ted Nugent Has Some Words For Obama And Hillary | SplodeTV.com

Oh wait, that potty mouth piece of garbage Ted Nugent is a SPOKESMAN for the NRA. He is on the NRA BOARD.
Ted Nugent | Meet the NRA Leadership

Never mind. The NRA can suck it up. Or are they a bunch of weenies who can dish it out but can't take it? Really they remind me of the neighborhood bully who goes around beating up smaller kids, toilet papering people's houses and then wees his pants when his mommy grounds him.

It's a difficult time for people of moderation; both extremes offer cold comfort as children are being buried. Many sane and sober Americans have firearms for self defense, for hunting, in a collection or because they shoot competitively. The problem seems to hinge on the weapons carrying clips with multiple rounds, and can slaughter 26 people in a few minutes. I see many quotes from our forefathers
being used to buttress the ownership of weapons with such capabilities, but in 1776 there were muskets instead of repeat-action rifles. It took time to reload a weapon which fired a single missile.

Revolutionary War Muskets

That being said, reading the threads here shows why a reasonable discussion is practically impossible at this point. It is ironic that some gun owners are spending so much time talking about being victims, when there are still two dozen unburied victims in Newtown. Perhaps I'd feel more sympathetic if the presidents of every gun or rifle group had come forward immediately after the killings and disavowed any connection to such heinous acts and condemned them forcefully, while expressing their sympathy for the loss of these children and their teachers and staff. That would have been admirable and made an impact on those who, in their pain and anger, see banning all guns and rifles as the only solution. That did not happen, and may in part explain the rage and disgust that many are feeling. Perhaps some made statements on their group home pages, but that impacts only those who are members and not the general public. I think that most of us are shocked and sickened, and collectively working through the various stages of grief. People of good will on both sides of the issue must agree to make an effort to be rational and civil, to have a dialogue as adults. That may not be possible yet.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:18 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,248,986 times
Typical of liberals.

But hey this is what America wants. We live in a country so backwards that the very people who protect our rights are considered radical and fringe and people demand violence be taken against them because they support government oppression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies