Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,642,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
And gun grabbers think they can just ignore the Bill of Rights.
How about abiding by the rulings of the supreme court? Does that count? Reasonable restrictions and all that. I'll bet a dollar to a donut you've never accepted the Heller decision as correct and proper due to the reasonable restrictions ruling. The rabid, inflexible right will only abide by the rulings they like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,949 posts, read 12,110,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Those guns were criminally possessed from the moment he picked them up.

Logic.
Right-- and if that's easy than legal possession must be reexamined to help prevent further tragedies.

18,665 posts, read 19,936,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Bob, I apologize in advance for my tone, but that is a load of horse ****.

Some laws deserve to be broken. Like oh I don't know, laws that said that only white people could sit at the front of the bus?.
The FReedom Riders welcomed, and accepted their arrest. Now if you own a gun that has become illegal, as long as you go to jail every bit as peacefully, I have no issue with either the PD or you.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:30 PM

61 posts, read 94,822 times
maybe this kid was a liberal and wanted to affect change on gun control by shooting up some kids. that is basically what happened in the Fast and Furious scandal, the Obama admin unloaded guns intio Mexico hoping some people would be shot with American firearms and people here would want to do something about them guns.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,899,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
A law must be followed unless legally ruled unconstitutional. Not Unconstitutional per Waco wanna bes, nor the radical left. By the COURTS.
What about laws that are ruled Constitutional? Like the interment of American citizens of Japanese decent during WWII. The federal government is designed NOT to change on a whim. The interment laws were a knee-jerk reaction to the attack on Pearl Harbor and the Supreme Court said they were Constitutional.

Until "shall not be infringed" is officially removed through the amendment process, I'm not complying.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:40 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Legally owned guns were used in the Newton, CT shooting.

Logic.
originally legally owned guns were used in an illegal way by an illegal user, making them illegal guns

logic

Old 12-17-2012, 01:41 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,763,198 times
Quote:
Which is why we have a legislative and judiciary system to change those laws. But if you claim to be responsible, you must follow the law and advocate for change through legal channels.
It's the anti-gun crowd that wants to change the law...

What right to do have to impose restrictions on my freedoms that I currently enjoy? I feel for the victims of every senseless act of violence but I refuse to surrender my rights because of them. Banning guns won't stop violence; you need to fix the culture to do that.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,642,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Tesla View Post
maybe this kid was a liberal and wanted to affect change on gun control by shooting up some kids. that is basically what happened in the Fast and Furious scandal, the Obama admin unloaded guns intio Mexico hoping some people would be shot with American firearms and people here would want to do something about them guns.
Warning! The contents of this post by the good Dr. will fertilize your garden for years.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:42 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,853,976 times
Quote:
Right-- and if that's easy than legal possession must be reexamined to help prevent further tragedies.
And the only proposal on this board that could be reasonably interpreted as a deterrent to this particular incident would be a complete ban. The mother was not crazy, passed a background check, and was apparently more than competent enough to pass any training regimen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The FReedom Riders welcomed, and accepted their arrest. Now if you own a gun that has become illegal, as long as you go to jail every bit as peacefully, I have no issue with either the PD or you.
You're moving the goalposts.

Were they being "irresponsible" then? Are you now stating that these "gun nuts" plan to have shootouts with police if an arrest is attempted?

And do you think the Freedom Riders should have been arrested? Was that a "responsible" thing to do by the government?

Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,936,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Until "shall not be infringed" is officially removed through the amendment process, I'm not complying.
No problem. Just like the Freedom Riders, in the event laws are enacted you disagree with, they will provide you with nice bracelets to assist you with your journey and 3 meals a day. They were accepting of those actions. How about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies