Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 01:36 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Guess you don't understand. These guys selling to the cartels are UNIFORMLY white! To my knowledge, both the straw buyers and the sellers are white. The end users are foreigners. They wouldn't have a prayer if not enabled by a bunch of greedy white people.
Going undercover at Texas gun show: Scenes from 'Vanguard' // Current TV
The guys uniformly selling to the cartels are your government..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
I defer to your expertise that some crossover exists. I never claimed expertise but have shot a wide variety of weapons. Issues like bullet crossover can be addressed too. But I think we can take several steps to achieve a whole policy.
Just because you have "shot a wide variety of weapons" Probly your husbands weapons every now and then, or your buddys weapons if you are a guy, in no way qualifies you to talk about them or policy regarding them. You should at least know what you are proposing to regulate if you are going to propose it.

Otherwise, you'll look like a complete idiot much the way this politician did.....

What is a barrel shroud? - YouTube

Unfortunately, this is about the kind of stuff I'm seeing on here.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:53 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Ban the ammo. Collect all the guns you want, make ammo for assault rifles and pistols illegal for sale and private ownership under 10 year prison penalty. Put some teeth into the legislation.

You can have a shotgun for home defense (the best weapon for home defense), rifles for hunting, but ban private ownership of pistol and assault weapon ammunition. Licensed, inspected gun ranges can keep your stockpiled ammo and you can store shoot there. All bullets sold in this country should have a serial number to trace it through ownership and sale. Too expensive? Too bad.

Close the absurd loopholes that define an assault weapon, too.

"Well regulated militia"

If we're going to make the leap that the 2nd Amendment does not refer to a standing army and instead private citizens, "well regulated" means this country can decide which weapons are acceptable and which are not for private citizens.

well regulated also means being able to hit a target at a certain distance with your rifle. also you forgot that nice little comma in the 2nd Amendment that seperates the 1st part from the 2nd part.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
After Sandy Hook shootings, school threats and rumors spike | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

I guess it was predictable. Juveniles apparently think its funny to start rumors to disrupt their schools without any danger of discovery. They don't have the rational capacity to realize that generating false positives is going to make the one real threat hard to pick out. Another reason to wonder "What the f____ is wrong in America?"

Old 12-20-2012, 04:18 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
I propose the banning of Ford Beebe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies