Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 AM

34,091 posts, read 82,482,448 times

Advertisements

Safe... Legal... Rare... Prompt... Free

Rare by means of far better education and use of contraception than we have today.
Aside from the million conceptions lamented so thoroughly in this thread...
there are probably another million similarly ill considered conceptions to be avoided... that aren't.

Prompt because once the diligent, educated try to avoid conception line has been crossed...
and the choice to exercise the right has been made... NO ONE gains from delay.

Free because dealing with the costs are the single largest hindrance to prompt...
(and it's the best use of public funds if/when even available HI won't pay)

The right to make the choice without the ability to exercise it... isn't much of a choice at all.

Last edited by MrRational; 12-21-2012 at 09:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 AM

13,715 posts, read 31,008,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Frankly, I don't care if you're disappointed.
I don't care what you think. A fetus is a potential, not future, human being.
Are you out wailing and nashing your teeth at miscarriages?

What forced terminations?
I value those born, not with a potential to be born.

Why do you care what a woman chooses to do with their body?

And are you taking care of the multiple tens of thousands of actual people that are in the system?
If not, then what are you doing to care for actual born people?
Are you simply a fetus fetishist?
I'm more than disappointed in how cavalier you are about real people.
The science says that fetus is not really your body. It is a slightly different body, growing inside you. It has different DNA. And in almost all cases it's there because you volunteered for it. It's part of the magic of human life. But you don't care.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,073,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
The science says that fetus is not really your body. It is a slightly different body, growing inside you. It has different DNA. And in almost all cases it's there because you volunteered for it. It's part of the magic of human life. But you don't care.
"Magic"...ever try SCIENCE???

Guess not.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:25 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,170,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Really? Has President Obama read the name of every murdered child on television?
He should read the names of the mothers who aborted. Excepting in those cases of rape, incest, roofies, etc...

Old 12-21-2012, 09:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,073,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
He should read the names of the mothers who aborted. Excepting in those cases of rape, incest, roofies, etc...
Why?

Old 12-21-2012, 09:33 AM

24,261 posts, read 14,113,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why?
Sl*t shaming?
It really seems to be the only thing that they are concerned with.
They certainly don't care for a child once it is born.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:37 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,052,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Two kids that may not exist right now if that earlier pregnancy hadn't been terminated.

Ever think of that?
Yeah, I said I regretted it to this day.......

Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,189,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
If it's not my body, and it's not a parasite, take it out and see if it lives on its own.
It can't exist without a parasitic relationship with the incubator.

Having sex is not volunteering for pregnancy.

When you get pregnant, you make your own decisions.
Until then, nyah nyah, you have no say.
I'll abort if I so choose.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:49 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,794,566 times
Default I'll answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
"We" don't have abortions on behalf of others but yes, if they were aborted they wouldn't have been shot. And? There would have been different children who were.

Still not answering the question I see. Why is that? 1 7 week fetus or 1 7 year old child. Come on, it's not a trick question.

Ok I will put myself in the equation. If I had a choice to save my unborn 7 week old child versus my already here 9 year old daughter, hands down I'll choose my daughter. My reasoning? Because I have bonded with her, I've seen her face, I've nursed her wounds, I've taken care of her when she was ill, I've seen her grow, I've seen her laugh, seen her play, seen her curiosity, answered her many questions, it's just me and her many times, she's my shadow, I've heard her call me mommy and say she loves me. Although what's growing inside me is still considered my child I have yet to bond with it, don't know it, it's just something growing inside me. I was raped and I concieved my daughter. I thought about aborting her, I thought about giving her up for adoption. I was a teenager and my mother wouldn't let me have an abortion. But I love my baby girl, and wouldn't trade her for the world. Now if say the child was here and I would have to choose between the two, depending on the age of them both I'm not sure and they would just have to kill me.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:51 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,052,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'll abort if I so choose.
Cool, so how will you get an abortion if it becomes illegal or heavily regulated? Will you do it yourself or go underground?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies