Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 10:45 AM

18,325 posts, read 18,935,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
My goodness, hothulamoma, your arguments regarding coat hangers and such are interesting because I'll just bet you are a proponant of gun control, are you not? Now, isn't murder in general illegal? The law would work just the same way as if you were to shoot someone else. Get it? Murder/abortion, same darn thing. If someone kills someone else they are hopefully found, put in jail till their trial, they have their day in court and the jury finds them guilty or not guilty, they go to prison or are let out as the case may be. That's how it works. No fretting about coat hangers or chemicals or whatever you are worried about. Glad I could help. Merry Christmas to whoever might see this. May God Bless you, he believes in you even if you don't believe in him.

how old are you? guess not old enough to remember the many women that died because they were so desperate to not be pregnant they self inflicted an abortion with coat hangers, or fell down stairs or took chemicals to induce and abortions.

gun control has nothing to do with this topic at all. FYI... I do not believe in banning guns.

abortion is not murder. again your "solution" is not the least bit realistic. our prisons are over crowded now and you want to jail women who have the right to privacy just like a man for running her life as she sees fit? what about the man that is the other half of the equation, does he go to jail too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,094,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Does murder being illegal, stop murderers? That doesn't mean we should just make murder legal!!! Good grief, the lack of reasoning from the ProAbortion crowd is just amazing.
Abortion isn't murder. Good grief, the lack of reasoning from the Anti-Choice, Anti-Freedom, Anti-Women crowd is a fact.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,545,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That would FORCE women to have babies...that's FORCE

And it ISN'T murder. ... so you won't get your wish to force women to do anything....

Why are you so interested in this.....why don't you go out and promote Not Shooting Actual Children
I encourage anyone and everyone I know to not harm children in any way. The unborn, infants, toddlers, preschoolers, gradeschoolers, middleschoolers, teenagers. They are all precious in the sight of God.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:49 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,338,620 times
Sigh the daily abortion thread. Here's a thought...don't want one, don't believe in them...don't get one...real simple.

NO ONE has the right to force their beliefs on anyone else. I'm not christian nor was I raised one, I believe life begins at VIABLE BIRTH. I believe in the right to choose, it's called pro-choice, we are each allowed to make our own choices baised on our beliefs.

So again, I will ask what gives those of you who would outlaw abortion a right to infringe upon my beliefs. You can believe all you want...you won't be getting an abortion, however, I believe differently and you are infringing on my beliefs...again what gives you the right to do so?

Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,319,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I amazes me that anyone can deny that a human embryo is a human. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US started out this way. This is the first stage of human life and you always get a human from a human embryo. You never get a horse or a cow because it isn't a horse or a cow. It's a human. A tiny one but a human none the less. If you'd destroyed that embryo that we each started as, you would have destroyed us. I'm not sure how much more simple the argument can be made.

The fact is, once conception has taken place, all that you need is to be given the time to grow up. Nothing miraculous happens post conception. If you feed it, give it oxygen and give it time, it's a human. So it must have been a human all along.
So, when you order breakfast, you order two fried chickens over easy?

Old 12-25-2012, 12:23 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,545,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Ray, that really is a very childish remark.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:29 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,435,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
No because chicken is the term for a fully mature chicken. Egg is the immature form. I'm eating it in the immature form but that doesn't mean I don't realize that a chicken doesn't live because I ate the egg. I know what eggs are. Do you?

This is not an argument about what you call it. It's an argument about what it is. A fertilized chicken egg contains an immature chicken (I prefer grade AA without the baby chicken however but I digress). A fertilized human embryo is an immature human but human none the less. Destroy it and you kill a person and as Horton said "A person's a person no matter how small".

What does it say about us if we destroy our children in their immature form because we're bigger, we can and we want to?

Old 12-25-2012, 12:34 PM

18,325 posts, read 18,935,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
No because chicken is the term for a fully mature chicken. Egg is the immature form. I'm eating it in the immature form but that doesn't mean I don't realize that a chicken doesn't live because I ate the egg.

This is not an argument about what you call it. It's an argument about what it is. A fertilized chicken egg is an immature chicken. A fertilized human embryo is an immature human but human none the less.

What does it say about us if we destroy our children in their immature form because we're bigger, we can and we want to? Pretty sick.

women are not stupid. we know what abortion is and we know what a fetus is as well. women as men have the right to privacy and the ability to control their own bodies. how they do that is none of your business. it is up to their values to figure out how they feel about their pregnancy and if they want to take it to term. it is called choice, of which there are 3. birth, adoption or abortion. the woman has the choice and rightfully so

Old 12-25-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Sigh the daily abortion thread. Here's a thought...don't want one, don't believe in them...don't get one...real simple.

NO ONE has the right to force their beliefs on anyone else. I'm not christian nor was I raised one, I believe life begins at VIABLE BIRTH. I believe in the right to choose, it's called pro-choice, we are each allowed to make our own choices baised on our beliefs.

So again, I will ask what gives those of you who would outlaw abortion a right to infringe upon my beliefs. You can believe all you want...you won't be getting an abortion, however, I believe differently and you are infringing on my beliefs...again what gives you the right to do so?
Because you don't have the right to take the life of another because of your beliefs any more than anyone else has the right to take yours because of their beliefs. Your rights stop where the rights of the next person begin. None of us should have the right to take another life unless it is in self defense.

Pregnancy is a temporary condition. All you have to do is wait 9 months. If a human life is not worth 9 months of inconvenience, what is it worth?

Old 12-25-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
women are not stupid. we know what abortion is and we know what a fetus is as well. women as men have the right to privacy and the ability to control their own bodies. how they do that is none of your business. it is up to their values to figure out how they feel about their pregnancy and if they want to take it to term. it is called choice, of which there are 3. birth, adoption or abortion. the woman has the choice and rightfully so
But it's not her body doing the dying. If she wants to off herself, that's her choice. She's opting to kill another human being not herself. What gives her the right to choose that another human dies? And it's not a choice. When you choose to take the life of another, it's called murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies