Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,533,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow, speaking of paranoid conspiracy wackiness. These nutjob NWO types, running around in pieced tovether "uniforms" and spouting about the "neo American Revolution" are such a small minority it's pathetic, and the shooting community disdains them more than you do. We are actually a quiet bunch, and not given to inane bluster about theoretical combat situations with the evil government.

Your comments about Ruby Ridge did set me off. Quite. Though I am not an anti government conspiracy type, when the Feds pull crap like that it rather grinds me. Seeing it touted as an example to all us gun owners, as to what can happen if we don't stand to, REALLY set my teeth to grinding.

If the goose stepping morons in compounds in the woods scare you so much you feel you need to hide behind Federal forces, you need to get a bit more real. Those clowns are all talk.
For the record, I don't think most gun owners are aligned with militia nuts.

...but enough of them are to make the rest of the apples in the barrel look bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 01:35 PM

11,100 posts, read 10,653,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
For the record, I don't think most gun owners are aligned with militia nuts.

...but enough of them are to make the rest of the apples in the barrel look bad.
Why? Those "militia nuts" as you call them aren't doing anything to hurt you or anyone else. The only thing that they are doing is practicing their constitutionally protected rights. Why is that a bad thing?

Old 11-07-2013, 01:42 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,854,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
So, I guess recognizing satire is not one of your strong suits, huh?
Back at ya

Old 11-07-2013, 01:55 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,859,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I'm quite positive I can hunt and continue to do so with the firearms in my safe. And hopefully one day, hopefully soon, it will be tougher for criminals and mentally unstable folks to gain access to any firearm, which is a huge push of this organization. Thank-God.

And I'm so confident in my ability to hunt that I certainly don't require a clip of 30 rds or a drum of 100 to accomplish it. As a matter of fact my firearm of choice for elk is a Thompson's Encore with a .338 Win Mag custom Virgin Valley barrel, fluted and sporting a VariXIII scope. For whitetails my old 722 in .257 Bob does just fine.

I'm actually taking a newly acquired Sako AV .338 into the woods next week. And a Savage O/U 20 ga just in case I want to hunt grouse.
You're the worst kind of gun owner. The kind that doesn't mind if this gun is banned or that gun is banned because "they" don't use them, don't see a need for them, and so don't think any of the rest of us would have a practical need or use for them.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 11-07-2013 at 02:03 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 02:09 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,854,488 times
Your bolt action rifle was a military assault weapon.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:17 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,543,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The ultimate goal of the "gun grabbers" is not limited to banning and confiscating firearms but to ultimately ban people with violent thoughts, tendencies and actions. In their book these people should be confined to "reeducation" facilities until they are no longer a threat to the peaceful squirrels of the country and the world.
"Reeducation"? of what?. To believe the lies of corporate media?.

In the economy we are currently in, the last thing the US citizen needs is have their guns taken away. When DHS stops stocking up on ammunition, then maybe we can trust what's going on.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:39 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,533,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Why? Those "militia nuts" as you call them aren't doing anything to hurt you or anyone else. The only thing that they are doing is practicing their constitutionally protected rights. Why is that a bad thing?

Old 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM

11,100 posts, read 10,653,848 times
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but if you're going to use a picture in a debate you might want to try explaining what the picture is of and why it is relevant to the conversation. FYI, I do know what the picture is of, but if you're not even going to bother typing a response then I'm not going to bother debating you.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:57 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,308,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You're the worst kind of gun owner. The kind that doesn't mind if this gun is banned or that gun is banned because "they" don't use them, don't see a need for them, and so don't think any of the rest of us would have a practical need or use for them.
And lacking in foresight, to say the least. What happens when they ban the gun with the "30 round clip" (actually it's a "magazine" as any gun owner should know). Then the next mentally ill shooter uses a semi auto with a 10 round mag, and wears a vest full of mags. So we ban those. Then bolt gun with a 3 round mag. So we ban those. Finally we're left with single shots, whereupon somebody takes a pair of Thompson contenders into an elementary school and calmly shoots away, reloading between shots, and daring any teacher to charge him knowing that while he reloads one of his single shot guns, the other one is still fully loaded. So we ban single shots too.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:00 PM

19,578 posts, read 22,454,495 times
[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;32135613]You're the worst kind of gun owner. The kind that doesn't mind if this gun is banned or that gun is banned because "they" don't use them, don't see a need for them, and so don't think any of the rest of us would have a practical need or use for them.[/ quote]

that's ironic because that's exactly how I feel about gun owners like you. You feel entitled to be able to buy whatever you want whenever you want or sell whatever you want exempted from any culpability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies