Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:12 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
I can see it now. A heavily-armed lunatic barges into Mrs. Beasley's first grade class. The teacher calmly reaches into her desk and pulls out her Glock 31. She takes aim and readily dispatches the assailant.

Or, more realistically

Adrenaline causes her to start firing wildly, while frightened and panicking children are running all over the classroom--getting caught in the crossfire between the two armed adults.
Without question one of the silliest things I've read on this subject.

Don't think much of women, do you? Been watching too many Hollywood films?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 04:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
What kind of twisted demented logic are you spinning??? I think there are plenty examples of wacky and stupid things Democrats promote and say (see Bloomberg), but you Republicans seem to take the cake when it comes to absurd ideas.
You said that you wouldn't advocate for teachers of preschoolers or kindergardeners to carry concealed weapons.

I simply want to know why not.

Perhaps, some light will be shed on your position if you answer this question: do you support teachers of 1st - 12th graders to carry concealed weapons in the classroom?

If so, then why do you not support the same for kindergarden and preschool teachers?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Simple question:

How are they supposed to defend themselves and their students if a gunman comes into their school and decides to take aim at them?

Anyone who opposes teachers carrying concealed needs to satisfactorally answer this question if they want to have a single shred of credibility.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Without question one of the silliest things I've read on this subject.

Don't think much of women, do you? Been watching too many Hollywood films?

Rogead's post is more proof of liberal misogyny.

The lefties just can't help themselves.

They can't fathom that any woman could be proficient with any tool, let alone a firearm.

43% of American women say that the left is wrong.

Self-Reported Gun Ownership in U.S. Is Highest Since 1993

Old 12-19-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
It's not a pre-school teachers job to be an action superhero.
Is it a pre-school teacher's job to stand back and let his or her students be murdered?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
I'm not a trained law enforcement agent, so I don't know, but neither are pre-school teachers.

Why don't surgeons have access to guns in hospitals, someone might come in and attack them, and what about priests and nuns? How are they supposed to protect themselves?
It is sensible for all people to have the means to defend themselves from any form of attack.

You still haven't explained why you think that kindergarden and preschool teachers carrying concealed weapons is not a good thing.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Guns stop beating hearts. It's just that simple.
Correct.

They would have stopped the beating heart of Adam Lanza before he stopped the beating hearts of 20 6 and 7 year olds, 6 adults at the school, his mother, and himself.

Wouldn't having one dead man named Adam Lanza be preferable to the actual outcome of this tragedy?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Seems to me like a great idea to reduce the number of public employees.

There is an old saying that you shouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight, well that you should bring a pistol or a rifle fight. So, unless the govs are going to also allow teachers to wear body armor and keep an M4 in the class room, I can see more teachers getting killed than assailants. And if not by the AR toting mass murderer, then by the police who aren't going to have the slightest idea of who is the guardian angel teacher and who is the crazed gunman, not that they couldn't be both.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
The lack of common sense in these threads is incredible!

I have a friend that was a History teacher in an inner city high school for 15 years. He's retired now. For the entire 15 years he carried a Browning Hi-Power 9mm semi automatic pistol that holds 14 rounds. He carried it illegally. Nobody ever knew. Nobody ever got his weapon. There were never any problems. But had something happened this teacher may have been able to make a difference.

All the stupid reasons being thrown around re: teachers carrying are total BS. There are ways to safely carry and nobody needs to know.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
So many people live in a deluded fairy tale world. Unbelievable!
Yep.

Those people are called liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies