Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 05:13 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Let's just put security guards and metal detectors everywhere! I think movie theaters should have them, malls should have them, schools definitely need them, while you're at it all hotels should have them, even McDonald's should invest in this! Armed security and metal detectors everywhere! Best idea!
A full-fledged police state! Great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 05:35 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Default Horror Response to PR Disaster at NRA

12/21/12

Wayne LaPierre Speech Was A Total Public Relations Disaster, Say PR Experts

"Public relations experts who have experience working with the gun industry expressed horror on Friday afternoon at the National Rifle Association's response to the Newtown, Conn., shootings."

"...could be an irredeemable mistake for the group."

“It was worse than if the NRA had not spoken at all,” said Gene Grabowski, executive vice president of Levick Strategic Communications, a Washington, D.C.-based issues management firm that has worked with firearms manufacturers."

Old 12-21-2012, 05:38 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
12/21/12

Wayne LaPierre Speech Was A Total Public Relations Disaster, Say PR Experts

"Public relations experts who have experience working with the gun industry expressed horror on Friday afternoon at the National Rifle Association's response to the Newtown, Conn., shootings."

"...could be an irredeemable mistake for the group."

“It was worse than if the NRA had not spoken at all,” said Gene Grabowski, executive vice president of Levick Strategic Communications, a Washington, D.C.-based issues management firm that has worked with firearms manufacturers."

HOLY CRAP!!!! I've been to these turds office! They have armed security at the friggin door!!!!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:39 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," LaPierre said.

Sounds logical to me.

Considering people are joining the NRA by the thousands, doesn't seem like much of a PR disaster to me.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:48 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times

Old 12-21-2012, 05:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
What PR disaster? What he said was completely true. What has stopped any shooter mid rampage? The knowledge that the police (i.e. good guys with guns) were closing in. Good guys with guns stopping bad guys with guns.

Frankly nothing less than the NRA saying they wanted a complete national gun ban to be made law would have pleased the left. And that is never going to happen.

What I would like to know is the name of the psychiatrist caring for Lanza and just why he either didn't know about the imminent psychological break or didn't act on it. That is the person (other than Lanzas mother) who bears responsibility.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
dont you just hate to have to be told what you just saw and heard and what your opinion should be?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Ya got ta love it. The right who screams about guvmint, wants big guvmint to expand the "police state" with tax payer money.

Ya just got ta love it.

If it is wasn't so frackingly tragic and tone deaf...

Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
I'm an NRA member, and I think they did more for gun control than they did for our side. My guess is that their heads were inflated by the record numbers of people joing right now. We need unity and compromise during this time if we ever hope t have a chance at coming away from the battle with our rights intact. I understand the resistence to discussing reform, but the NRA made a big mistake in closing the door to that today imho

Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ya got ta love it. The right who screams about guvmint, wants big guvmint to expand the "police state" with tax payer money.

Ya just got ta love it.

If it is wasn't so frackingly tragic and tone deaf...
Uhh...I didn't watch the projectile vomiting of Wayne La Pierre today, but from what I've read, there was no suggestion as to who should pay for these armed guards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies