Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,121,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Really??

Murders are at all time lows. As is all violent crime. As is non-violent crime. STD infections are at or near all time lows. Teenage pregnancy is at an all time low. Dropout rates are all time lows.

Tell me again how society is going to hell in a handbasket?
God hasn't been thrown out completely by the secular progressives.....

BTW..getting off subject for the moment...if thats true...then why do we need gun control..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Without a superior being...no one would be able to legislate morality...my morality could be different than yours...and neither one of us could say to each other your morals are wrong! So if i wanted to kill you..so what..no moral absolutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You can't legislate morality now.
Prohibition was used to legislate morality, it didn't work.
The war on drugs is used to legislate morality, it does not work.
Laws against abortion were used to legislate morality, they didn't work.

We can only make laws to punish those that harm others, it won't change their morality.
Quote:
Exactly...That's what eventually happens when you throw out GOD from society..Total moral implosion..followed by dictatorship...
OKAY.

I hope you know that the MOST religious countries are by far the worst countries to live in.

Just compare Honduras and Norway.

Honduras "47 percent of respondents identify themselves as Roman Catholics, 36 percent as evangelical Protestants, and 17 percent either provide no answer or consider themselves "other".[1]
Religion in Honduras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In 2005, a survey conducted by Gallup International in sixty-five countries indicated that Norway was the least religious country in Western Europe, with 29% counting themselves as believing in a church or deity, 26% as being atheists, and 45% not being entirely certain.[20]
Religion in Norway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which country would you rather live in?

Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
OKAY.

I hope you know that the MOST religious countries are by far the worst countries to live in.
Why don't you tell that "BS" info to the North Koreans..

Old 12-19-2012, 10:20 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
how did we oppress homosexuals..except trying to change their life style...
Mr. XXX I can respect what you say to a degree but I think your thinking on the subject is wrong from a Christian perspective. It's not up to me as a Christian to change anyone's life by any means other than by preaching the good news and living my own life as an example of what I'm preaching. This in it's self does not change lives but God uses it as His method for changing lives.

Changing lives is God's work, not mine. God uses what Paul called, "The nonsence of preaching" to convict people of their need for salvation and God then uses His Sovereign Power to REGENERATE that person. That person then comes to a saving faith and the lifelong process of scantification begins.
If the conversion is a true conversion and the person really has become a Christian then the Holy spirit works in the believers life making the person more and more Christlike as time rolls on.

There is a big problem in the church today because of a lack of understanding on the entire subject of SIN. This lack of understanding can cause many Christians to become puffed up with PRIDE and begin to think that they are actually better in themselves than other WORSE sinners.

The truth of the matter is that all humankind became "Totally depraved" in the sight of a Holy God as a result of Adam's fall from grace in the garden. That is Man's fundamental problem. Sin touches us at all of our points and even the very best we can do is completely without any merit at all in God's sight. This fact is the great equilizer. We are all sinners, every single one of us. Our sin is just a matter of degree and even that is not of ourselves but an example of the "Restraining Grace" of God.

All of us Christians are sinners. The difference between us and the unsaved is we are sinners "Saved by Grace". I did absolutely nothing to merit this grace. It's all of God and none of myself and I have nothing at all to brag about or be proud of. If I condemn any sinner, what I'm really doing is condemning myself because outside of what God has done for me that was unmerited I'm exactly the same as they are.

The correct understanding of the doctrine of sin allows me to be compassionate and loving toward the unsaved. It also causes me to be unjudgemental because if the understanding that I'm blessed by God dispite the fact that I'm a sinner just like the rest of humanity but saved by God's special favour, "Grace"

Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
I wonder if the gay couple would object if someone posted a scene from Dante's Inferno showing homosexuals in torment?
Naw - freedom of speech.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Mr. XXX I can respect what you say to a degree but I think your thinking on the subject is wrong from a Christian perspective. It's not up to me as a Christian to change anyone's life by any means other than by preaching the good news and living my own life as an example of what I'm preaching. This in it's self does not change lives but God uses it as His method for changing lives.

Changing lives is God's work, not mine. God uses what Paul called, "The nonsence of preaching" to convict people of their need for salvation and God then uses His Sovereign Power to REGENERATE that person. That person then comes to a saving faith and the lifelong process of scantification begins.
If the conversion is a true conversion and the person really has become a Christian then the Holy spirit works in the believers life making the person more and more Christlike as time rolls on.

There is a big problem in the church today because of a lack of understanding on the entire subject of SIN. This lack of understanding can cause many Christians to become puffed up with PRIDE and begin to think that they are actually better in themselves than other WORSE sinners.

The truth of the matter is that all humankind became "Totally depraved" in the sight of a Holy God as a result of Adam's fall from grace in the garden. That is Man's fundamental problem. Sin touches us at all of our points and even the very best we can do is completely without any merit at all in God's sight. This fact is the great equilizer. We are all sinners, every single one of us. Our sin is just a matter of degree and even that is not of ourselves but an example of the "Restraining Grace" of God.

All of us Christians are sinners. The difference between us and the unsaved is we are sinners "Saved by Grace". I did absolutely nothing to merit this grace. It's all of God and none of myself and I have nothing at all to brag about or be proud of. If I condemn any sinner, what I'm really doing is condemning myself because outside of what God has done for me that was unmerited I'm exactly the same as they are.

The correct understanding of the doctrine of sin allows me to be compassionate and loving toward the unsaved. It also causes me to be unjudgemental because if the understanding that I'm blessed by God dispite the fact that I'm a sinner just like the rest of humanity but saved by God's special favour, "Grace"
Thank you for your input...

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-19-2012, 10:24 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
We're not talking about North Korea, the question was about devout, violent Honduras vs. safe, secular Norway.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
We're not talking about North Korea, the question was about devout, violent Honduras vs. safe, secular Norway.

Neither!!!

Old 12-19-2012, 10:48 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
No response?

Would you rather live in Honduras or Norway?

Honduras, more violent crime, more poor, more child labor, higher maternal and infant mortality rates.

Yep, I know where I would want to live.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
No response?

Would you rather live in Honduras or Norway?

Honduras, more violent crime, more poor, more child labor, higher maternal and infant mortality rates.

Yep, I know where I would want to live.
That's like me asking you...Would you rather live in North Korea or Honduras..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies