Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,532 times

Advertisements

I woke up this morning to internet chatter about a particular Sandy Hook 6 year old victims father. You Tube video's about him are being made stirring controversy. His behavior the following day at a press conference is causing people to question if this guy's grief is actually authentic or fake. I watched one of the video's you are about to see and he is clearly being very jovial but immediately while he steps up to the microphones, he abruptly switches into a heavy breathing grief stricken soul. You make the call.

Watch closely

Sandy Hook Shooting Exposed As a Fruad - YouTube

Connecticut Shooting Victim Emilie Parker Father Speaks - YouTube

Last edited by Old Army Soldier; 12-19-2012 at 08:57 AM..

Old 12-19-2012, 08:47 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
What an obnoxious, horrible thing to even think or say. For the record--the last funeral I went to people alternated between laughing as they celebrated that person's life (she was a joyful, funny person) and bawling their eyes out. Who in the heck are you to tell anyone the right or wrong way to grieve. Shame on you.

Last edited by mb1547; 12-19-2012 at 08:57 AM..

Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
I watched that live. He was speaking with family members before he went to the microphones. We have NO idea what his facial expressions meant.

But your utter callousness is noted. I assume this will be used somewhere down the line so you and the fondlers can make a statement about the Second Amendment.

BTW: He gave a wonderful, moving statement about his daughter. It was obviously she was a wonderful little girl and greatly loved. And she is dead. Her family will never see her again. Now. Please tell us why your right to own a big, macho collection of assault rifles is more important than her right to live.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
No, his grief is not put on. It's real. One often smiles, even laughs as a way to gather their thoughts, and especially when surrounded by people trying to help.

Having been in the midst of interviews and pressers after a disaster, I do question those who rush the camera, though. People handle grief differently. Some hope for a release. Others just want to be left alone.

There is no way on earth I fault Mr. Parker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I watched that live. He was speaking with family members before he went to the microphones. We have NO idea what his facial expressions meant.

But your utter callousness is noted. I assume this will be used somewhere down the line so you and the fondlers can make a statement about the Second Amendment.

BTW: He gave a wonderful, moving statement about his daughter. It was obviously she was a wonderful little girl and greatly loved. And she is dead. Her family will never see her again. Now. Please tell us why your right to own a big, macho collection of assault rifles is more important than her right to live.
Until you plopped in, this thread was about Mr. Parker. Please take your anti-gun infatuation to one of those ridiculous threads.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:55 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Everyone grieves in different ways. I'm not going to judge him.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
What an obnoxious, horrible thing to even think or say. For the record--the last funeral I went to people alternated between laughing as they celebrated that person's life (she was a joyful, funny person) and bawling their eyes out. Who in the hell are you to tell anyone the right or wrong way to grieve.
Ditto. Also, I've been that guy.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:57 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I woke up this morning to internet chatter about a particular Sandy Hook 6 year old victims father. You Tube video's about him are being made stirring controversy. His behavior the following day at a press conference is causing people to question if this guy's grief is actually authentic or fake. I watched one of the video's you are about to see and he is clearly acting very jovial but immediately while stepping up to the microphones he abruptly switches into a heavy breathing grief stricken soul. You make the call.

Watch closely

Sandy Hook Shooting Exposed As a Fruad - YouTube

Connecticut Shooting Victim Emilie Parker Father Speaks - YouTube
This forum should allow negative rep.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:02 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Shame on you.
Huh? I never gave a opinion in my post what I thought of his behavior.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:03 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
the op's post makes ya wonder if he has ever experienced profound grief, my guess is no.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:03 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Until you plopped in, this thread was about Mr. Parker. Please take your anti-gun infatuation to one of those ridiculous threads.
The OP is one of the Second Amendment wavers. It's a natural fit when the thread involves the father of one of the innocent children murdered. And it's obvious the OP himself has a pro-gun infatuation. Just balancing things out. You're welcome.

If you don't appreciate what any of us have to contribute to a thread there is an ignore feature. You might want to use it since I, personally, am a big believer in the First Amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies