Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:42 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,943,211 times

Advertisements

I told you long before the election Obama would cave to the GOP and cut your Social Security benefits.

Here you go. You deserve this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2324907.html

"If the chained CPI had been in place all along, today an 88-year-old who'd started drawing benefits at age 62 would receive 7.32 percent less in benefits this year, according to the group."

Rest assured knowing the ultra rich in this country will not be forced to purchase less luxury goods because you bent over and will be taking a 7% cut in SS benefits, rather them them paying slight higher tax rates. Suckers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,747,069 times
Well, most on SS did vote for Romney, and GOP.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, most on SS did vote for Romney, and GOP.
They won't apply it to current retirees. It will almost assuredly have a grandfather clause. They just voted to cut their kids/grandkids benefits only. I couldn't look my kids in the eye if I voted for politicians who would cut their retirement safety net.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:50 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,359,834 times
So...what kind of leadership is Obama providing? Has he presented any alternatives that make the SS system viable, without some cuts?

Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,246,121 times
I guess Ryan's plan of a 10 year gradual reform with options is starting to look good eh ?

Hey..the voters were more concerned with their social issues, gay rights, woman's rights, Black rights, Hispanic rights
then they were over fiscal issues and government program funding.

Now live with the outcome.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,918,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
They won't apply it to current retirees. It will almost assuredly have a grandfather clause. They just voted to cut their kids/grandkids benefits only. I couldn't look my kids in the eye if I voted for politicians who would cut their retirement safety net.
Exactly. And if nothing is done, then 100% will be cut WHEN IT RUNS OUT OF MONEY.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,246,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...what kind of leadership is Obama providing? Has he presented any alternatives that make the SS system viable, without some cuts?
None. Rather than come back with a Dem plan to counter Ryan's plan the campaign spent their time and money on fear propaganda.

It worked didn't it ? No reform..just cuts.

But, don't cut any foreign aid money and don't cut war funding money and don't stop handing government money to private enterprise that goes belly.
We have to rule the world remember.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
None at all. The small, moderate, long term SS deficit could be solved entirely by lifting the tax cap on high incomes, and an ever so teensy SS tax hike on all workers.

But Obama wants those who voted for him to take a 7% cut in their SS benefits, so he can stay in good with the elites that own this country.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,747,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Well, the best we can hope is that it is grandfathered. It makes sense that the sacrifice that these oldies wanted is shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess Ryan's plan of a 10 year gradual reform with options is starting to look good eh ?
SS cuts is in republican proposal that the President appears to be accepting as a compromise for some things he wants.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Hey..the voters were more concerned with their social issues, gay rights, woman's rights, Black rights, Hispanic rights
then they were over fiscal issues and government program funding.

Now live with the outcome.
Only to someone such as yourself who doesn't realize that the Ryan plan was a 20% cut in SS benefits.

It's only typical you would think that is a better alternative to just lifting the SS tax cap.

You can't even get it together to vote in your own self interest....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies