Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Why? I'm not a hunter like she is, I've never had a moose burger,
but I have had an antelope burger once But I no longer
eat red meat.

I'm not a political fan of hers, but
if she shares my belief in using common sense in regards to
gun control/protection, maybe I'll have to give her a second look

BTW, should I say you remind me of Nancy Pelosi
Ha Ha Ha!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
they are ALWAYS inconvenient to ideologies (to which libertarians are slaves).
You know, manners are not your strong suit

Yes, I like that libertarian ideology, that we are a free people

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined" George Washington 1790
*Is that Palin enough for ya*

Everyone knows this bumper sticker:

"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns"

"The first people who are going to be in line to turn in their guns are law-abiding citizens. Criminals are going to be left with guns. I believe that concealed carry is a way of reducing gun violence." - Gary Johnson,
Presidential Candidate, Libertarian Party 2012.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Look, it's not that we think the government is going to run in our houses tomorrow if guns a banned today.

We simply know that if guns are banned some time in the future the American public is stupid enough to think that will never happen in the future.

Will scary guns save your life in the event of door-to-door searches? Probably not.

Will scary guns save your ass in a foreign invasion or in a scenario where the semi-retarded American public elects a totalitarian dictator? Maybe not but it'll be the best chance you have against a fully armed police state.

You think it can't happen? Tell that to the billion or so people that watched it happen before their very eyes in "democratic" movements.

Be careful what you ask for, your neighbor might just leave you to the wolves.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Obama to press for policy changes after shooting - Yahoo! News

Watching Obama now and he is telling us that he is instituting new Gun Control "policy's" by January 1st.

Obama Quote:" I am prepared to do some very tough things".

Obama has the audacity to say the majority of americans will agree with him...
just like health reform?
You completely fabricated the quotes by Obama but I guess your followers are not big readers so they'll take you at your word

Old 12-19-2012, 03:00 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Here, go do this and report back to us.

Go out to your lawn and put up a bootleg sign that says "Gun Free Zone."

I promise I won't gloat...

Old 12-19-2012, 03:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You know, manners are not your strong suit

Yes, I like that libertarian ideology, that we are a free people

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined" George Washington 1790
*Is that Palin enough for ya*

Everyone knows this bumper sticker:

"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns"

"The first people who are going to be in line to turn in their guns are law-abiding citizens. Criminals are going to be left with guns. I believe that concealed carry is a way of reducing gun violence." - Gary Johnson,
Presidential Candidate, Libertarian Party 2012.
Excuse me for being averse to political correctness. But, let me address something else... just because Gary Johnson or another politician/person says it, doesn't mean I must accept it as being valid.

I prefer to speak for self, and don't live in the fear of losing guns. But plenty of nutcases like Nancy Lanza do, and I can't speak for them. As for conceal carry... well, criminals do that too. In fact, they prefer it so they can go unnoticed.

Now, conceal carry would not prevent the situation. Neither would training, or easy access to guns to everybody... The least we could do is consider a serious cultural change where guns are not celebrated but something to respect because they are designed to kill.

And no, status quo is NOT the answer.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:23 PM

31 posts, read 53,603 times
Default Same old ineffective political game

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Obama to press for policy changes after shooting - Yahoo! News

Watching Obama now and he is telling us that he is instituting new Gun Control "policy's" by January 1st.

Obama Quote:" I am prepared to do some very tough things".

Obama has the audacity to say the majority of americans will agree with him...
just like health reform?
The majority of Americans do not agree with obama. They're just using the massacre to try to reinstate the ineffective "assault weapons" ban that expired in 2004. May i remind everyone that the Columbine shooting happened under the assault weapon ban proving that legislation for the sake of "doing something" and "feeling safe" is not the answer.

He also used same misleading language plagueing the issue:
"Military style assault weapons"
I wont waste too much energy on this since I already posted a thread on it but an AR-15 is NOT a military style assault weapon. It is a SEMI-automatic rifle used for small game and target shootin. Looking "militarized" does not make it an "assault weapon" For more on this, see my post "A little education, anyone?"

Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 PM

488 posts, read 412,589 times
Ahhh, the sweet smell of demoocracy in action...

Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Hmmmmmmmmm

In 2008, Joe Biden tried to temper fears that Barack Obama was in favor of gun control, by saying, "I guarantee you Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns, so don’t buy that malarkey. Don’t buy that malarkey. They’re going to start peddling that to you." Biden said he owns "two guns" and that "if [Obama] tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem. I like that little over and under, you know? I’m not bad with it. So give me a break. Give me a break," according to an ABC report from the time.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama cannot give a speech without creating millions of imaginary straw men who agree with him. It's his way of leading his brain-dead sheep, he tells them everyone agrees with him, and the sheep just want to be a part of the bobble head crowd.

He does not have the Constitutional authority to do some "very tough things" but I doubt that will give him any pause.

I tried to rep you for this post and could only do this. Very well said, especially your last sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies