Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:36 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

99% of these tough talking internet commando's would crap their pants at the first sight of a federal marshal with a badge.

I would think they would give their guns up for gift cards to KFC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Would you support sending swat teams door to door to every building in the nation to confiscate all firearms? For homes/businesses who refused to open for them, would you support them breaking down the doors? Do you think such a raid would be successful?

most cops would now support such an action. even if they did, what would you do when the cops started to lose more and more people in their unsuccessful raids of peoples homes?

Old 12-20-2012, 08:40 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
I would be curious how long the OP would think this would take? Let's take a major city with over a million residents.. How many "SWAT teams" do most major cities have? The whole scenario is laughable.. The second ammendment will stand and there will be no mass confiscations..

Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
99% of these tough talking internet commando's would crap their pants at the first sight of a federal marshal with a badge.

tsk tsk tsk....... Everybody bleeds red blood, and I guess it depends on who wants to break the law the most and or go home for dinner.

If the Govt breaks the law I doubt federal marshals will also. They would have sworn an oath to defend and uphold the CONS, not the president... These out burst of irrationality are not your best friends are they..

Perhaps you should seek professional help for the voices you appear to be hearing in your head. I am not a real doctor I just play one on tv...

Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:

alot of us are not internet commandos, but in fact we are veterans and combat vets. also no, we would not be turning in firearms for a gift card to kfc. that is the quisling way, not an american way.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I would be curious how long the OP would think this would take? Let's take a major city with over a million residents.. How many "SWAT teams" do most major cities have? The whole scenario is laughable.. The second ammendment will stand and there will be no mass confiscations..
I find the attention span of most gun grabbin' lefty's around 15 seconds flat.....

After that much time they begin to suffer a mac attack and require 3 or 4 whopper burgers..

Also they tend to be anal recalling the old bush day fairly well, but always out of context.

They have totally forgotten what 911 was..... They have almost forgotten Sandy Hook.

As you know i agree there will be no ban, and no confiscation.

They find this most upsetting as all they want is their own ways... I wonder how it 'Feels' to want, don't you?

An answer Il'd like is how can you trust their feelings over 26 dead, when they better than a million innocent lives ended each year to abortion?

That doesn't add up any way I look at it.

http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/200...orders-we.html

On Edit:

I bet these weepin heart lefty's have never heard of this. Too busy finger painting I guess....

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

Does any one SEE the word Defend the president idiot liar n thief in there?

Old 12-20-2012, 09:04 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:

You're the one down on your knees begging for table scraps for a little security.

While your asking people to pull your fingers what your pulling on is unmentionable and not work safe to mention.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
People would rebel if there were illegal, warantless searches.

People won't rebel if the searches are done in a valid, legal way.

Most people want restrictions on assault weapons - unless they're kicked in the face with unconstitutional searches, they're not going to rebel. That includes most current gun owners.

This same thing happened when Obama got elected the first time, and it will probably happen again when there will be a rumor that Obama will try to get a third term (I don't think he looked to enthusiastic about getting re-elected this time!). In the end, only the gun shop owners will win.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
The assault weapon ban will only apply to future manufacture and importation. Nobody's coming after your guns, house to house. How can all you swingin dicks not get that? People arn't clearing out the shelves in gun shops right now just to turn them in a couple months from now.
Sheesh......

Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Would you support sending swat teams door to door to every building in the nation to confiscate all firearms? For homes/businesses who refused to open for them, would you support them breaking down the doors? Do you think such a raid would be successful?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies