Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:09 PM

6,254 posts, read 5,053,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
alot of us are not internet commandos, but in fact we are veterans and combat vets. also no, we would not be turning in firearms for a gift card to kfc. that is the quisling way, not an american way.
Yes.........these idiots shooting from the lip, furiously pounding out hatred through the keyboard, and accusing law abiding people who are exercising their constitional rights of having "blood on their hands" have no idea - no idea - what they're talking about.

In this "where's my trophy, don't hurt my feelings, give me my free birth control, it's somebody elses fault" country there are millions of veterans, law enforcement officers, active military personnel and American citizens (who just quietly go about their daily lives - pay their taxes, go to work, care for their families) who feel very very strongly about their right to own guns.

There are many on this board who seem to take great pleasure in insulting our military, insulting our cops, insulting anyone too old to be on their parents Obamacare healthcare plan.

I was at a gun range in Tennessee about a year ago. A very old man who could barely walk was target shooting. He was a WW2 vet. He told us that he was slow, he was old, he couldn't walk far, that he shook, but that he would ALWAYS be able to shoot.

Those who have fought for your freedom know and very clearly understand the importance of the rights we have in this country. They've seen first hand what can happen to an unarmed populace when it cannot defend itself. And anybody able to research, read and interpret, should be able to connect the dots. There is evil in the world. There is evil in this country. There will always be people who want to harm the innocent. There are far too many examples in history of what can happen to an unarmed citzenry.

You can scream about gun freaks from the roof tops. You can insult from your momma's basements all day long. The sheer logistics of attempting to disarm American citizens makes the move to do so incredibly unlikely. This is not the UK or Australia - some would, but millions upon millions would not disarm willingly. The government is stupid. But they're not stupid enough to try and force American citizens to disarm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 10:35 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,170,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The assault weapon ban will only apply to future manufacture and importation. Nobody's coming after your guns, house to house. How can all you swingin dicks not get that? People arn't clearing out the shelves in gun shops right now just to turn them in a couple months from now.
Sheesh......

guess what, banning an item because it looks nasty is like goverment banning cars because they use gasoline.

just because the look bad, does not mean they have other function than what they were intended to do.

I do wish you all would learn what an assault rifle is, because you always talking about assault rifles when they are not even that makes you look like you truly dont know what you are talking about.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:23 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,573,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Would you support sending swat teams door to door to every building in the nation to confiscate all firearms? For homes/businesses who refused to open for them, would you support them breaking down the doors? Do you think such a raid would be successful?
Wha...wha...whaaaaaaaaaat??

Do you have any idea how much time this would take and how costly this would be to the taxpayer(gun owners)???

Who's going to fight crime? SWAT is not a separate unit. They are LEOs when not in SWAT gear!

Do you have any idea how much blood shed this would cause??

This must be the most idiotic thing i've read yet!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 AM

998 posts, read 1,213,308 times
Our entire military can't even disarm Afghanistan after 11 years of trying. They only had 4.6 guns per 100 people. We are 50 times that size with 13 times the population and have 88.8 guns per 100 people. Our entire military & police force would be wiped out before they reduced our guns by 2%. Do you really want that bloodshed on your hands?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I wouldn't do so to "keep my gun". I would do so to preserve the Republic.

Dismantle the 2nd Amendment and the entire Republic comes tumbling down with it.

Without the 2nd Amendment, the rest of the Constitution is entirely meaningless.

Unfortunately, these big-government types don't care about the Constitution. That or they're completely ignorant of history. I'm guessing both.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,919,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The assault weapon ban will only apply to future manufacture and importation. Nobody's coming after your guns, house to house. How can all you swingin dicks not get that? People arn't clearing out the shelves in gun shops right now just to turn them in a couple months from now.
Sheesh......
I get that loud and clear.... You do and your liberal.... It's the gun grabber's themselves who think they will get what they want if they can just whine about it long enough. That is always the way the powerless get things done acting as if they are 2 years old.

Waaa waaaa waaaaaaaahhh

We will not loose the 2nd, there will be No confiscation. There won't even be ANOTHER stupid silly ban.

And when the dust settles I will have my Ar-10 in 7.62 x 51 NATO

Hell right now a guy can't get in a gun store and belly up to the counter with out getting smeared in red lipstick...

Way to Go Ladies I just love women who BUY GUNS!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,919,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Unfortunately, these big-government types don't care about the Constitution. That or they're completely ignorant of history. I'm guessing both.
We have ways to convince them or they can loose their heads.... Sound familiar?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:07 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,406,118 times
Quote:
Would you support sending swat teams door to door to every building in the nation to confiscate all firearms? For homes/businesses who refused to open for them, would you support them breaking down the doors? Do you think such a raid would be successful?
No, but it will come to that after the Dems declare the Constitution null and void. God save us all from the liberals in this once great country.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,961,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
We have ways to convince them or they can loose their heads.... Sound familiar?

You gotta do it in the proper accent. Vee have vayys of making you cooperate.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,763,198 times
Quote:
We don't have to send swat teams door to door. That's the magic of NEW LAWS... unlike old laws, everyone follows new laws without exception... especially when the President cries while promising new laws.

Signed,
A liberal American
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies