Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times

Advertisements

Would you support sending swat teams door to door to every building in the nation to confiscate all firearms? For homes/businesses who refused to open for them, would you support them breaking down the doors? Do you think such a raid would be successful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 PM

1,137 posts, read 971,643 times
It would result in nothing but piles of dead cops within the first week.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
NO, they have to have a search warrant.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
I doubt you could get them to do it.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:22 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I doubt you could get them to do it.
Actually I do think that a few would but the majority no way. There is always a group of people willing to follow orders blindly. Not to mention a lot of law enforcement personnel are gun owners themselves

Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
NO, they have to have a search warrant.
The thing is if we are willing to give up our rights to keep and bear arms what makes you think they are going to respect the 4th amendment?

Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Would you support sending swat teams door to door to every building in the nation to confiscate all firearms? For homes/businesses who refused to open for them, would you support them breaking down the doors? Do you think such a raid would be successful?
There are several questions.

1. No I would no support such a thing.
2. No since I don't support 1.
3. Hypothically speaking not withstanding the first 2 answers, define successful. If you mean in terms of neutralizing the weapons almost certainly. In terms of looking good on TV no it would not be successful. If it is cops/FBI against armed militia the cops and FBI always win in achieving the principle objective. This is because they have things like tanks and armored personnel carriers at their disposal.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
These whackos can live anywhere, is it a good idea, not sure of anything any more.

My brother and sister inlaw live in a very afluential area, they live next door to the neighbors from hell. The whacko who just did the most unspeakable, they live next door to a guy exactly like this. Seriously, he is violent, makes threats, breaks windows on neighbors garages, people open up a garage door, there he is standing

He gave some new neighbor a wlecoming gift, bullets wrapped up in a box. He is nuts, people living next door to him, cannot sleep, he yells and screams all night, breaks things, throws things. Slashes his parents tires on their cars. They are living a nitemare.

Good thing maybe or maybe not, who knows anymore.

Long story short, he will not commit himself to any kind of help, no facility will accept him without his signed consent, parents have been trying to get him help for some time now. Something terrible is going to happen.

Not only guns, but the medical field is going to have to be looked at, with out getting signed consents, they will not accept a patient. Someone sick as this sicko, does not think he is the one with the problem, but everyone else. That is going to have to be changed, sorry to say, or i see more instances as this one happeing.

Police take in to jail, then he is released, he does not need jail, he needs medical treatment and definitely help.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
It would result in nothing but piles of dead cops within the first week.
Ah the fantasies we hold. Enough video games, time for a reality check.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Would you support sending swat teams door to door to every building in the nation to confiscate all firearms?
No. I would also not support putting bunny ears on every American sixteen year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies