Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:44 PM

488 posts, read 554,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I hate to break it to YOU, but a majority of the entire U.S. population now disagrees with you. Get a clue.

Polling Center: Should there be restrictions on gun ownership? - Elections & Politics from CNN.com
I don't know what you think that poll actually says, but without some definition that poll doesn't mean crap in response to the OP. "Major restrictions on owning guns" does pretty much speak for itself, but "minor restrictions" is vague. What does it mean? Does it mean another "assault weapons" ban, does it mean the current restrictions in place, less stringent restrictions than currently in place, etc? About the only thing you can say is a very small minority of Americans want no regulation at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
I don't know what you think that poll actually says, but without some definition that poll doesn't mean crap in response to the OP. "Major restrictions on owning guns" does pretty much speak for itself, but "minor restrictions" is vague. What does it mean? Does it mean another "assault weapons" ban, does it mean the current restrictions in place, less stringent restrictions than currently in place, etc? About the only thing you can say is a very small minority of Americans want no regulation at all.
He's a funny one that logline is...

All he needs to do is go to a Cabella's or any store like that and he won't stand a chance of getting to the gun dept counter for hours..

Must be the type to look at himself in a mirror all day and grin like a cheshire cat.

Log line IS this YOU?

Old 12-24-2012, 08:01 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,713,845 times
Is that image big enough?

Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I know it's "shocking" to some people on this board but I fired my first handgun (with my father's supervision) around this age. The handgun was never locked, I knew where it was and would often go there and show it off to my friends. My father taught me proper gun safety that he didn't have to worry about locking up the gun.
Same boat. Grew up on a farm. Handled a .22 rifle about that time. Shot ground squirrels eating the crops. By the time I was 12, there was a hand gun (in addition to the rifle in the rack) in the truck when I was out in the back acreage. Mostly just in case a rattlesnake got too close, or to scare off the coyotes and cougars.

In high school, almost every male over 14 had a gun. Many were stored in school lockers. Others were in the gun rack of their truck. Many females had their own guns, and a fair number of them were better shots then the boys.

You just didn't think of it. Everyone knew how to handle them safely. No one got shot, no guns went off accidentally. No one blinked an eye, during hunting season the cafeteria would look like a gun show as people were stripping and cleaning their guns. 7th and 8th periods would be dead as everyone snuck out to go bag their deer.

It amazes me that people can be anti-gun, the only explanation is that they haven't been exposed to them at all and don't realize that they're a tool. But then I'm also amazed at the number of people who don't know how to train a dog correctly either. Fewer things tick me off worse then seeing a dog pulling at a leash and obviously dominating their owner.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:03 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
It amazes me that people can be anti-gun, the only explanation is that they haven't been exposed to them at all and don't realize that they're a tool. But then I'm also amazed at the number of people who don't know how to train a dog correctly either. Fewer things tick me off worse then seeing a dog pulling at a leash and obviously dominating their owner.
I hate dog owners who let their dogs go wherever they want even though I like dogs. I remember this girl who rescued a pittbull. She was very liberal, and she just let the dog walk her. It always amazed me that she thought people were ok with some strange dog coming up and begin sniffing them.

Well one day at the park, we were walking past another owner with a pittbull. I could tell the dogs wanted to fight and I offered her to give me the leash. She refused and the dogs broke free and began fighting. I ahd to break up and had several deep gnashes in my arms and hands as a result.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:05 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I hate to break it to YOU, but a majority of the entire U.S. population now disagrees with you. Get a clue.

Polling Center: Should there be restrictions on gun ownership? - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Quote:
-There should be major restrictions on owning guns 37%
-There should be minor restrictions on owning guns 33%
-All guns should be illegal for everyone except police and authorized personnel 15%
-There should be no restrictions on owning guns 13%

You call that a majority? Not all gun owners favor no restrictions so as a pro 2A person I can live with those numbers.....

Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,143 times
11 people shot in the first 12 hours of 2013 in Gun Banned Chicago.

If you banned from carrying guns or have them ready for defense, they are useless for defense of law abiding citizens. They are left at home for criminals to steal & shoot law abiding citizens with.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Number of gun deaths in the U.S. since Newtown: 393

Gun-death tally: Every American gun death since Newtown Sandy Hook shooting (INTERACTIVE). - Slate Magazine

Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Your tally includes criminals shot by victims in self defense.

Nearly every hour in Chicago criminals are shooting innocent citizens who are not allowed to carry guns.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Your tally includes criminals shot by victims in self defense.
My guess is that it also includes suicides. I completely discount suicides because they're going to find a way regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies