Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Should we give up our guns and trust the police?
Absolutely not! After this incident, it just makes sense pick up a couple of shotguns and stop cars instead of police. They can't be trust and we (you and I) should do the job (including the glove thing)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
A lot of people don't know that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if a cop just pulls you over and then asks if he can search your car, you have a right to refuse the search. Unless he has probable cause (e.g. seeing/smelling marijuana), he can't search it. The only thing he can do is request a K-9 unit to sniff it out, but they usually won't do that unless you really seem like you're hiding something and if they can get a dog out there in a reasonable amount of time.
most cops 'smell' the weed, or carry some... They are never in the wrong when it is done that way.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:52 PM

488 posts, read 554,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
most cops 'smell' the weed, or carry some... They are never in the wrong when it is done that way.
LOL yes, most cops carry some throw down weed on them to arrest whomever they want...

Old 12-20-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Wish it was me....LOL
I bet

Texas will pay some bucks for this one....

That cop should be fired...

Old 12-20-2012, 04:53 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
I sometimes wonder if some academies specifically teach their recruits to wipe their asses with the constitution

Old 12-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Totally ^**ed UP!! in our gender nuetral society its a wonder he didnt do the search himself...

Old 12-20-2012, 04:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
No ther4e are special serach rules on perosn and car not in police control becauswe of a arrest not made yet. Not every such search is a consent search whre a perosn is asked and they may ask first:then search under proable cause.Proable cause searches on person and vehilces is quite different from say a home because of the moblity and reasonableness of getting a search warrant. The courts have long recognised this. Resisting search is against the law in most states ;so better know what you are doing.

Last edited by texdav; 12-20-2012 at 05:08 PM..

Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I sometimes wonder if some academies specifically teach their recruits to wipe their asses with the constitution
Don't know but when I was young and dumb, I got my ass chained to a PD garage railing and beaten by 2 cops using night sticks because they KNEW I had pot because I have long hair, and since they couldn't find any (I don't smoke) i got my ass beat instead.

Some years later in a near by town I entered a little greasy spoon, and saw one of those cops. I had heard he had come to suffer from Type 1 Diabetes, and so I ordered up a black coffee with 6 spoon fulls of white sugar and 2 blueberry muffins slathered with real butter....

Oh yeah, when they got done beating the tar out of me they dragged to the back street gutter and dumped me there..

I just love cops....

In the instance of something like this Texas incident. If something like that happened to my wife the cops would have to kill me. because i would be trying to kill them. I can't say who wouldn't be going home to dinner, but when i rode the USA both ways with my wife I was armed with one of my .45's the whole way. Went East all the way thru Texas...

I no longer 'see' uniforms I try to see the person under it.
Just been through too much.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 12-20-2012 at 05:55 PM..

Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times
Quote:
I bet

Texas will pay some bucks for this one....

That cop should be fired...
At least it was a female.

We would enjoy it too much.

Quote:
Yeah...them mofo Po-po keep shaking me down. Don't know why??? Don't know why???

Get outta the fawking car....NOW!

Old 12-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Wow, a cavity search for marijuana. Texas is such a crazy place.
And the conservatives point to Texas as a shining beacon of small government and freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies