Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:36 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,694,349 times

Advertisements

I can't see any examples of guns doing anything good.

Crimes against animals (GRAPHIC IMAGES)*Pictures - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 10:51 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
[quote=tropical87;27436328]I can't see any examples of guns doing anything good.

If you subscribe to "American Rifleman", you'll see that every month they reprint several newspaper articles from around the US where the law abiding, using a firearm, have defended their loved ones or themselves from violent criminals.

The column is called "The Armed Citizen" and they've been printing this column for decades.

Sad but true.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post

Much like your posts.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:44 AM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Another picture in the series showed a dog paralyzed after being hit by a car.

Get them things off the roads, for the sake of the animals!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:47 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
I guess Tropical has no comment about the beloved government shooting family pets..... The whole reason we have the second amendment is to protect ourselves from those who would do us harm, including the government if necessary.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:

so what you are saying, you want all guns banned, is that right? When will you realize criminals and people with emotional problems will still get guns??I have so much trouble understanding how you can't see in fron of your nose?

Our daughters Dobie, rescue dog was killed by a pellit gun about a month of so ago. He was only a year old and was in his run, not barking, not causing any trouble,nothing..To this day they have no idea who or why this happened. Poor Slater came in the house, went to his bed and died within minutes. they didn't even see the wound. The Vet discovered the tiny hole the next morning. he bled internally. We all had such a hard time with this, but I have never heard my daughter say guns should be illegal. She is intelligent enough to know legal or otherwise, bad people will do bad things. What we need is to recognize mental illness and treat it, not take guns away from everyone...

Old 12-21-2012, 06:57 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
The probelm agai is people. Dogs are frequently poison by the same type perosn. just as we have had guns thru out history and even eaiset ro egt. Its the people and how we deal with violent mental cases.Bug laws are like taking a drink it makes you foregt the rpoblem but it does not go way. We havebeen passig gun laws for deacdes then movig o without fixing the real problem;violent people and more of them. Byt eh time onegoes to prison he has a logn history most often with police.We had the same problem with family violence and still make them take classes thinking that will solve it.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 AM

29,434 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Much like your posts.
Isn't this the truth !

Old 12-21-2012, 07:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Dog discovered with multiple gun wounds; paralysed

Quote:

The brutally ugly reality is that wih 7 billion of us together on this planet, there are literally millions of mentally and emotionally defective individuals among us. And they're everywhere. They've been with us always. Not only are they viciously cruel to animals, they're the same way with other people.

It's a darn shame we don't live in the Utopia we'd all prefer. I have serious doubts that legislation and law enforcement will ever get us there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies