Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,996,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
They just can't grasp the concept.

If laws stopped crime, why do we have police departments and judges and District Attorneys?
Boy, you can't argue with this logic.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
LOL moronic post of the year award... Have you ever heard of magazines? Even limiting the size of a magazine to 10 rounds, wouldn't stop this.

You can't stop a lunatic from killing if he's intent on it.

You can limit how easy it is for him to carry out his plan.

If he had a bolt action rifle with an 8 round clip he would not have been able to kill 26 people. Period. He was not a trained army sniper or a ninja. You know it and so does everyone else, massacres of this magnitude are only possible due to high capacity semi automatic weapons. .

Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,189,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You can't stop a lunatic from killing if he's intent on it.

You can limit how easy it is for him to carry out his plan.

If he had a bolt action rifle with an 8 round clip he would not have been able to kill 26 people. Period. He was not a trained army sniper or a ninja. You know it and so does everyone else, massacres of this magnitude are only possible due to high capacity semi automatic weapons. .
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CLIP FOR A BOLT ACTION RIFLE. Have you ever even physically held a gun?

Old 12-21-2012, 09:49 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
No genius, if you have a militant opposition to gun control laws for semi-automatic weapons with high capacity detachable magazines because you get excited about such weapons, you have a gun fetish.

"It must be tough being as stupid as you are".

dman72, 2012
Than GOD I don't have to live my life following what you believe in in your fantasy world.

"You can't reason with an unreasonable person", and you certainly fit the bill.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:50 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,503,700 times
Quote:

It's apparent that gun nuts want one thing: more guns. That is the answer to everything.

It all boils down to two facts that gun control proponents
have not been able to address:

(1) There is a direct relationship between restrictive gun control laws and increased crime. Almost all gun control laws have been statistically proven to be linked to increases in crime.

(2) Criminals by definition do not obey the law. Using a firearm to harm another is already illegal.
Proponents might want to spend more time thinking about the facts, and less time writing about feelings that won't fix the problem.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CLIP FOR A BOLT ACTION RIFLE. Have you ever even physically held a gun?

Yeah, my dad had a 22 in the house.

I'm not interested in whether my lingo is correct or not. It's irrelevant. A gun that can fire thirty rounds and had another 30 available in seconds should not be in the hands of the public. That's the point, not how everyone who discusses the subject knows every term used by people who play with guns on a regular basis. It doesn't change the validity of the argument one iota.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:

I'm not interested in whether my lingo is correct or not. It's irrelevant. A gun that can fire thirty rounds and had another 30 available in seconds should not be in the hands of the public. That's the point, not how everyone who discusses the subject knows every term used by people who play with guns on a regular basis. It doesn't change the validity of the argument one iota.
And there you have it folks. They don't care and may not even know...just BAN THE DAMN GUNS.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,189,893 times
Quote:

Yes it does. You don't even know what you are talking about. Completely ignorant.

So you are a hypocrite? Nice.... So your family is allowed to have a gun for protection, but others cannot?

If someone broke into your dad's house to rob them, would you feel an instinct to protect them using that 22 or lay down and be killed, raped, maimed, or injured by the robber?

Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
It all boils down to two facts that gun control proponents
have not been able to address:

(1) There is a direct relationship between restrictive gun control laws and increased crime. Almost all gun control laws have been statistically proven to be linked to increases in crime.

(2) Criminals by definition do not obey the law. Using a firearm to harm another is already illegal.
Proponents might want to spend more time thinking about the facts, and less time writing about feelings that won't fix the problem.
1 is dismissed by looking at European countries with strict gun laws. Yet you'll repeat it ad infinitum.

2 is again the argument that since you can't stop all crimes, you shouldn't have any laws. Gun control laws don't purport that they will stop all crimes, the point is making it much more difficult for criminals and mad men to obtain weapons.

2 ridiculous and false arguments, that were just dismissed wholesale by anyone with a logical mind,....but you'll be back with them in another post on another thread in a short time, I'm sure.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:58 AM

10,582 posts, read 9,765,067 times
It is not "politicizing" an event to say that we need stricter gun controls..

But when sensible people point out that so-called "gun control" laws have completely failed to curb these mass shootings, suddenly the leftists are whining how horrible it is that the shootings are being "politicized".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies