Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:50 PM

82 posts, read 121,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
To the OP, I am confused about your use of Latino as a race. Latinos and Latinas can be a ***** as paper as black as night, and every color in between. Calling Latino a race is as useless as saying an American is a race.

For example, when Gina Torres (from Firefly) married Lawrence Fishburne (Morpheus from The Matrix), was that an IR relationship? I say no.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Jackson you are correct. However irregardless of whether Latino is a race. Clear pictures can be seen in education achievements, marriage spastics, heart disease, interracial dating and interracial preference.

It cant be denied that Latinos, generally have certain cities and places they reside in for example : The Southwestern United States for Mexicans and the East for Puerto Ricans and Cuban-Dominicans and other Latinos.

When you take a sub-race and give them common language, religion you have a culture. This culture may not all act synchronously but their are patterns. Even in the disease certain Latino groups are likely to contract. The topic deals with the patterns Latinos take in interracial dating, and whether their is a pattern WHICH THEIR CLEARLY IS. Whether certain Latinos who are black ( racial category) date African Americans more so needs closer examination. But I can almost guarantee that WILL BE THE CASE.

I also pointed out the lack of topics or general discussion in America when Latinos do date or marry out. Which leaves me to believe like the subject states:

That IR dating and marriage is a black white issue that other groups cant help be caught up in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicosal13 View Post
Jackson you are correct. However irregardless of whether Latino is a race. Clear pictures can be seen in education achievements, marriage spastics, heart disease, interracial dating and interracial preference.

It cant be denied that Latinos, generally have certain cities and places they reside in for example : The Southwestern United States for Mexicans and the East for Puerto Ricans and Cuban-Dominicans and other Latinos.

When you take a sub-race and give them common language, religion you have a culture. This culture may not all act synchronously but their are patterns. Even in the disease certain Latino groups are likely to contract. The topic deals with the patterns Latinos take in interracial dating, and whether their is a pattern WHICH THEIR CLEARLY IS. Whether certain Latinos who are black ( racial category) date African Americans more so needs closer examination. But I can almost guarantee that WILL BE THE CASE.

I also pointed out the lack of topics or general discussion in America when Latinos do date or marry out. Which leaves me to believe like the subject states:

That IR dating and marriage is a black white issue that other groups cant help be caught up in.
I was willing to give your discussions the benefit of the doubt. But between your horrible spelling and grammar. You are trying to say Latinos are individuals and in the next sentence place all Latinos into one monolithic category. Mexicans aren't Puerto Ricans and Dominicans aren't Argentine.

And really if an American Black marries a Black Dominican is there actually a difference in what the kid would've looked like?

Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
I was willing to give your discussions the benefit of the doubt. But between your horrible spelling and grammar. You are trying to say Latinos are individuals and in the next sentence place all Latinos into one monolithic category. Mexicans aren't Puerto Ricans and Dominicans aren't Argentine.

And really if an American Black marries a Black Dominican is there actually a difference in what the kid would've looked like?
I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt BUT you aren't bringing anything to the discussion. In fact you've given several responses and ACTUALLY haven't said 1 thing?! How can you say something and say NOTHING at the same time

Fact: There are 3x as many Latino interracial marriages in California alone then their are white/black nationwide. This isn't including Texas-Colorado-Arizona-everywhere else.

The interracial marriages and couplings Latinos do have are ALL evenly split.With Asians-Whites-Blacks! The question of the thread was on opinions on this and why that is>

Why are Asian females marrying White males, yet White females aren't marrying Asian males? Why are Black men marrying White women but White Men are not marrying Black women?

That's the question. Is the motive of the relationship SINISTER with ulterior motives if not why aren't the marriage statistics EVEN close to being even? Why are they so 1-sided? FAR FAR sided.

We are talking 80-20% for white fem/black men. 70-30% for White men/Asian women. This isn't normal at all and it says a lot about the way blacks/whites/Asians see each other and see their own race.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:07 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Only financially stable black men are marrying white women and there's alot of non financially stable men who have no one willing to marry them. This whole issue with interracial marriage is just a issue of money and jealous women wishing they can find someone to take care of them or being what they bring to the table.

As for white men Asian women I don't know I've only see a few couples of that group but nothing comin at all. Think the media really plays into stereotypes with men and women and even white women are labeled on that feminist independent group and men just hate that.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:59 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Just because Blacks and Whites are the charter members of the original marriage taboo doesn't mean they have exclusive rights on inter-racial dating/marriage.

Why should the rate of Latinos dating out their race be even? Do it have to follow a standard gaussian distribution?
Latino a race? What about a Mexican of Irish family dating a South African of Irish family, that's interracial dating? Sheesh!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
When it comes to getting it on, race seems less important. It's dealing with family and what ignorant outsiders think.

Hispanic isn't a race and most Hispanics have European blood anyway, so it's not as much of an interracial thing. Also, native Americans are related to Asians so them being with Asians doesn't seem so weird either. Some Mexicans look Asian to me. Many Hispanics are black and many are part black, so again, not so strange. Hispanic is multiracial.

I agree with the posters that suggest that many people are still uncomfortable with the idea of black-anything else IR pairings. It's not just white people, but Asian and Hispanics from Mexico too. A lot of Asian people wouldn't like their children, especially their daughters, dating a black man/woman. I have no idea of the percentage, or whether it's most, but a significant percentage. Many of the same would have no problem with them dating a white. A lot of it is economic/status.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 AM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,394 times
Quote:
I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt BUT you aren't bringing anything to the discussion. In fact you've given several responses and ACTUALLY haven't said 1 thing?! How can you say something and say NOTHING at the same time

Fact: There are 3x as many Latino interracial marriages in California alone then their are white/black nationwide. This isn't including Texas-Colorado-Arizona-everywhere else.

The interracial marriages and couplings Latinos do have are ALL evenly split.With Asians-Whites-Blacks! The question of the thread was on opinions on this and why that is>

Why are Asian females marrying White males, yet White females aren't marrying Asian males? Why are Black men marrying White women but White Men are not marrying Black women?

That's the question. Is the motive of the relationship SINISTER with ulterior motives if not why aren't the marriage statistics EVEN close to being even? Why are they so 1-sided? FAR FAR sided.

We are talking 80-20% for white fem/black men. 70-30% for White men/Asian women. This isn't normal at all and it says a lot about the way blacks/whites/Asians see each other and see their own race.
No your axe to grind concerns inter-racial dating - whites marrying blacks. You're trying to posit essentially that either black women are inferior or unacceptable. That's it. Maybe Black women don't want to marry white men. Did you ever consider that? There is also a much higher percentage of Asian women marrying white men than White women marrying Asian men. It's the conclusions you're trying to draw that are problematic.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:10 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:

They are. They might not be AS common, but they're certainly common enough.

Once upon a time Asian male/white female and white male/black female couplings were far more common than the opposite, the opposite is a pretty recent trend, so it goes to show things change all the time.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
No your axe to grind concerns inter-racial dating - whites marrying blacks. You're trying to posit essentially that either black women are inferior or unacceptable. That's it. Maybe Black women don't want to marry white men. Did you ever consider that? There is also a much higher percentage of Asian women marrying white men than White women marrying Asian men. It's the conclusions you're trying to draw that are problematic.

Draw those conclusions for me then. That was the point of the thread. Riddle me this........WHY ARE LATINOS MARRYING OUT EVENLY? WITH EVERY RACE.

When a Hispanic man does/ a woman is just as likely. Now Asians/whites/blacks don't do that! Is their absolutely no meaning to over 80% of all IR pairings being white women/black men? Or 70+ % of all IR Asians/White being skewed to white men as well? BULL!

It says a lot of things. The numbers also match THE 2 LEAST GROUPS TO GET MARRIED. But I'm spinning? Its liberal hogwash like not looking at the situation for what it really is , that's kept this country the way it is.

Just listen to polls on how women feel about Asian men. They did surveys and they rated TERRIBLY in being rated attractive outside their race. Black women rated even worse.

To the dominate European culture of America those 2 groups aren't ideally fitting the mold of what is attractive.

That mold is represented in TV. Slender face, thin body, petite, narrow nose, long hair, high cheekbones for women.

For Men. Tall, Slender or Athletic, Strong Jaw, Narrow nose and Full Lips.

NOW WHO DO THOSE STEREOTYPES MATCH? They dont look nothing like Asian men.....nor Black women.

Yet they do resemble some Asian female traits, and some male black traits and many many Latinos both men and women have those traits.

FACT: This country has assigned value on certain traits that are INHERENTLY European. Since Latino men and Women both have those traits in big numbers, THEY BOTH MARRY OUT EQUALLY.

Dont make accusations , on what I think. Its what America almost as a whole thinks. I just studied it.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:

OPINIONS?
You will have to ask somebody else. I don't care who dates who and skin color means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies