Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 06:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I don't really trust anyone I see walking around with a gun on them". Then please don't bother calling the police if you need the. You should never call someone you don't trust.
Oh sorry for the confusion, I thought that statement was an easy one to understand. I don't trust people I see walking around that aren't in the military or an officer of the law. That last part I left out because I didn't think it would be so confusing, but I corrected it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Have you ever fired the M1 Carbine? Mine looks identical to this one, made by GM in 1944, and I've always found it to be very accurate, at least at ranges <= 100 yds.
I give this gun a 9, there cool vintage look to it.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Forget the high capacity magazines.

Here's the Smith & Wesson 500 which is also a 50 caliber gun only it's a revolver.

This will also remove an arm or take of an entire head of a human yet you people worry about a Bushmaster hunting rifle.

Your hilarious in your ignorance concerning what can and cannot do damage. That's the scary part, the public being uninformed.

I give this gun a 3, looks kind of like something a cheesy mob guy from Vegas would own.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I give this gun a 9, there cool vintage look to it.
I carried one for real. I hope I have a cool vintage look myself,

It is better than nothing. But it is not in the class of a real rifle.

If you really start to rate such things on their vintage cool looks I suggest you get your mind retreaded.

One need not deal with this overall issue. Simply set up tight licensing on all semi-automatic weapons.

$250 license fee and a yearly renewal.

Maybe include revolvers?

Old 12-22-2012, 07:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I give this gun a 3, looks kind of like something a cheesy mob guy from Vegas would own.
A mob guy from Las Vegas has help to deal with such weapons. Would never own one himself. None are"cheesy". For that Wisconsin.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:14 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

What's the first impression you get when you see this gun? What are your thoughts about a person owning a gun like this? What kinds of emotions does it provoke?

Honest, forthright impressions please.
Oooooooooooooooo.......it's scary!

Old 12-22-2012, 07:36 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
If it results in 5 kids killed instead of 20, yes.

Doing things your way has proven over and over again to get people killed. More people than necessary. Because only good guys pay attention to a sign that says "You're entering a gun free zone."

Bad guys go there with guns because of that sign.

Aaaah crap! Where is the link to the research showing these nutbars go looking for a "gun free zone".

Firstly we ascribe a certain level of insanity to these folks going off the rails and shooting up a school but then we bring them back into the realm of reason by granting them the sanity necessary to go to places where they know there will be no guns? How does that work?

Here's the deal; these nuts just want to make a statement and nothing makes a statement like killing defenseless children. They will get on a school bus one day; they will follow a class outing to a museum another day. They wil go to a roller or skating rink. They will find kids or other defenseless people ANYWHERE.

They might even stoop so low as to walk into a day care center or better yet simply walk across the sidewalk and up to the fence surrounding the outdoor play area at most day cares and start blasting away. You gonna propose even day cares have an armed attendant? GOOD CHRIST ALMIGHTY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Where's the gun nut that's gonna stop that? Any perp with even half a brain would be back in his mommy's mini-van and on his way home before the baby-sitter-overseer got off her azz to dial 911.

Providing free and easy access to guns; ergo: DOING THINGS YOUR WAY has proven over and over again to get people killed NOW IT'S CHILDREN ALSO!

Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaaah crap! Where is the link to the research showing these nutbars go looking for a "gun free zone".
Well, the Aurora shooter had 17 theaters to choose from in the general area that he lived. Did he choose the closest? No. Did he choose the largest? No. He chose the ONE, out of all 17, that was a gun-free zone. Is that proof? Probably not.

Is it compelling? Absolutely.

And the simple fact of the matter is, virtually every mass shooting has taken place in a "gun-free zone".

Quote:
Here's the deal; these nuts just want to make a statement and nothing makes a statement like killing defenseless children.
And to further make YOUR point, in this case, it has been reported, though I don't know if it's confirmed, that the shooter's mom was on the verge of having him committed, he knew it, and he felt like she loved the kids at this school more than she him. Given she doesn't appear to have any connection to the school, that seems crazy, but crazy is crazy.

That said, by making sure that IF a madman with a gun shows up they are the only person on the premises who has one, we're creating an environment where it's easy to create a bloodbath.

Earlier tonight, an armed guard took out a shooter at a bar near my home. Total body count: 0, aside from the shooter, who doesn't count. There is no guarantee that an armed guard could have prevented or even reduced the body count in Newtown. But it is statistically likely.

And what is guaranteed, is with no armed opposition, the NEXT time some armed nutjob shows up at a school, the results will be the same. Regardless of what kind of firearm they choose to use.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Well, the Aurora shooter had 17 theaters to choose from in the general area that he lived. Did he choose the closest? No. Did he choose the largest? No. He chose the ONE, out of all 17, that was a gun-free zone. Is that proof? Probably not.

Is it compelling? Absolutely.

And the simple fact of the matter is, virtually every mass shooting has taken place in a "gun-free zone".

And to further make YOUR point, in this case, it has been reported, though I don't know if it's confirmed, that the shooter's mom was on the verge of having him committed, he knew it, and he felt like she loved the kids at this school more than she him. Given she doesn't appear to have any connection to the school, that seems crazy, but crazy is crazy.

That said, by making sure that IF a madman with a gun shows up they are the only person on the premises who has one, we're creating an environment where it's easy to create a bloodbath.

Earlier tonight, an armed guard took out a shooter at a bar near my home. Total body count: 0, aside from the shooter, who doesn't count. There is no guarantee that an armed guard could have prevented or even reduced the body count in Newtown. But it is statistically likely.

And what is guaranteed, is with no armed opposition, the NEXT time some armed nutjob shows up at a school, the results will be the same. Regardless of what kind of firearm they choose to use.
With taking NO steps to reduce the guns in the madmens hands; the guarantee is golden regardless how many others you arm up.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:12 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
With taking NO steps to reduce the guns in the madmens hands; the guarantee is golden regardless how many others you arm up.
What is your proposal to accomplish that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies