Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 03:35 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,184,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
You know, that is SO true. I've always argued that guns are not scary enough to scare people with bad intentions away. Every time I am involved in a home invasion, there is no sound more reminiscent of a cup of warm eggnog by the fire place than when I hear a home owner load his Mossberg 500.
I'm just hoping parents have the responsibility to lock their toddlers firearms up on Christmas eve--I'm betting Santa is packing heat too and a shoot out at the fireplace could be, well, a bit MESSY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,267,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
It really isn't realistic to expect one or two armed guards to cover all the possibilities of perimeter breaches in a single school. Time to arm the students with small arms and let them be able to fend for themselves. Naturally I would roll this out in phases so as to be able to prevent the gun manufacturers from having to pay overtime wages. We could initially request parental permission and then proceed to go directly to the children on a volunteer basis before eventually conscripting the whole lot of 'em. However, even at the risk of angering the gun enthusiasts, I think it would be a bad idea to equip the playtime platoons with extended capacity clips.

Probably cheaper than buying them tablets and laptops too.
Well small arms can only handle small arms. What's the kickback on a .50 cal Magnum, can a 13 year old girl handle it??

Old 12-22-2012, 09:03 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,161,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
It really isn't realistic to expect one or two armed guards to cover all the possibilities of perimeter breaches in a single school. Time to arm the students with small arms and let them be able to fend for themselves. Naturally I would roll this out in phases so as to be able to prevent the gun manufacturers from having to pay overtime wages. We could initially request parental permission and then proceed to go directly to the children on a volunteer basis before eventually conscripting the whole lot of 'em. However, even at the risk of angering the gun enthusiasts, I think it would be a bad idea to equip the playtime platoons with extended capacity clips.

Probably cheaper than buying them tablets and laptops too.

my 2 daughters are already armed when they go to school, but of course I dont do public schools.
I homeschool.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:31 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,927,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Ooooh! Can we have alligators in the moats too? I want one! I'm thinking my PTA is going to be ALL OVER THIS ONE. Forget adding books to the library--we want a MOAT!
Yes. And have boulders on the roof or vats of scalding water to throw off the edge onto any attackers. The Medievalists had the right idea.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:22 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,184,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Yes. And have boulders on the roof or vats of scalding water to throw off the edge onto any attackers. The Medievalists had the right idea.
Hey--now that's an idea! We could be just like the DARK AGES!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:46 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,998,703 times
Quote:
I'm just hoping parents have the responsibility to lock their toddlers firearms up on Christmas eve--I'm betting Santa is packing heat too and a shoot out at the fireplace could be, well, a bit MESSY.
Well, I am thinking that Santa is only going to a few, very select households this year:

1.) Obviously, he can't really go to many a liberal household because liberals, apparently, are mostly godless, morally corrupt atheists who certainly don't believe in Santa.

2.) To many a gun nut, Santa must be nothing more than an oversized home invader, probably high on cookies and milk. I wonder how parents explain to their children that a once-a-year home invasion is perfectly alright IF the guy is fat and wears a red suit, white at all other times, home invasions are to be dealt with accordingly.

If I were Santa, I'd be scared of getting shot when I am done squeezing through that chimney. Children can be quite rash at jumping to the wrong conclusion. At least liberals are more likely to simply call the cops.

Thus, there are really only a few families left who can expect to have a visit from Santa.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Hey--now that's an idea! We could be just like the DARK AGES!
In some minds, we ought to be, my friend. We truly ought to be.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
my 2 daughters are already armed when they go to school, but of course I dont do public schools.
I homeschool.
Gee, where do you live that you guys walk around the house armed? In my neck of the woods, we can leave the doors unlocked for months and nothing ever happens. Well, maybe some passerby will notice the open door and close it for us. I think the worst crime (because it involved physical "violence") we had in recent months was a teenager who was throwing water balloons at passerby. I am not kidding, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies