U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 04:28 AM

215 posts, read 161,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Please, get your facts straight.
President Obama is not WHITE.

Facts about Obama | Barack Obama is Black
He's half white (Irish).

Quote:
I didn’t say it. Morgan Freeman said it. In an interview with NPR to promote his latest film, The Magic of Belle Isle, the popular Oscar-winning actor said that people “conveniently forget that Barack had a mama, and she was white — very white American, Kansas, middle of America There was no argument about who he is or what he is. America’s first black president hasn’t arisen yet. He’s not America’s first black president — he’s America’s first mixed-race president.”
http://godfatherpolitics.com/6076/ba...ack-president/

Old 12-26-2012, 04:35 AM

6,343 posts, read 9,033,767 times
Quote:
Please, get your facts straight.
President Obama is not WHITE.

Facts about Obama | Barack Obama is Black

No, he is mixed, even if that POS is too damn arrogant to admit it. He actually stated he hates his white blood:

even as I imagined myself following Malcolm’s call, one line in the book stayed me. He spoke of a wish he’d once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self—respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction. I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if and when I left my mother and my grandparents at some uncharted border.

Obama Longs to Expunge his White Blood « Stop Obama Now!! – San Diego

And yes, that is a right winger website, but it is the only place I could find that quote from his stupid book to post a link to. Just read the book, he says it himself.

if he said that about his black blood, no one would ever let him live it down.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:52 AM

8,347 posts, read 6,303,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
No, he is mixed, even if that POS is too damn arrogant to admit it. He actually stated he hates his white blood:

even as I imagined myself following Malcolm’s call, one line in the book stayed me. He spoke of a wish he’d once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self—respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction. I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if and when I left my mother and my grandparents at some uncharted border.

Obama Longs to Expunge his White Blood « Stop Obama Now!! – San Diego

And yes, that is a right winger website, but it is the only place I could find that quote from his stupid book to post a link to. Just read the book, he says it himself.

if he said that about his black blood, no one would ever let him live it down.
IMO, Barack is and always will be black, African American, even though his mother was white.

But putting white vs. black aside, he is of the human race first and foremost, that is what really matters. I do not know why these threads even exist, they do nothing except stir the racial pot.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:00 AM

6,343 posts, read 9,033,767 times
Quote:
IMO, Barack is and always will be black, African American, even though his mother was white.

But putting white vs. black aside, he is of the human race first and foremost, that is what really matters. I do not know why these threads even exist, they do nothing except stir the racial pot.

Well gee, maybe because PEOPLE LIKE YOU want to put people in boxes. If Obama is "black with a white mother" why the hell isn't he "white with a black father" too?

But aside from that, Obama is a right-wing hack and a warmonger who doesn't have much regard for human life and is bad for working people and the world. That matter a lot more than his race.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:09 AM

215 posts, read 161,213 times
Quote:
Obama is a right-wing hack .
lol

Old 12-26-2012, 05:40 AM

8,347 posts, read 6,303,739 times
Quote:
well gee, maybe because people like you want to put people in boxes. If obama is "black with a white mother" why the hell isn't he "white with a black father" too?

But aside from that, obama is a right-wing hack and a warmonger who doesn't have much regard for human life and is bad for working people and the world. That matter a lot more than his race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptic View Post
lol
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 AM

52,941 posts, read 41,614,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm just wondering about something:

When did white folks all of a sudden decide to take up the cause of biracial folks all in the name of standing up against the 'evil black people?' What's that all about? When did white folks start concerning themselves with intra-black affairs to the point of obsession when years ago, anything dealing with black folks was the furthest thing from your minds.

It's also pretty amazing how whites in this thread are completely absolving white people of ANY responsibility in setting up these racial dynamics in the first place. You're acting as if blacks set this stuff up when it was whites who set it up and dictated the rules. But now in 2012, you've forgotten the white role in all of this mess.

And of course, you're avoiding the main question that is the thread premise. Can biracial people claim to be solely white in the same way that most of them claim to be black?

You know the answer. So since you're all the new protectors of the biracial, explain to me why they aren't accepted as white?
I can only speak for myself.

I don't believe in collective guilt - for blacks or whites or anyone in between.

I don't stop ANYONE from identifying with ANY race they want to.

I'm not absolving anyone - black, white, whatever - from their responsibilities, actions, or role in racial issues. I'm also not responsible for anyone but myself. I never owned slaves, I don't judge people by the color of their skin, and I try to treat others as I myself would like to be treated. I try to lead by example when it comes to supporting the rights of others to achieve all they can on their own merit and in reaching their individual potential.

That's about all I can do.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
honestly, from all the posts I've seen from you on this thread, it seems you and your family think and talk about race a lot more than most other families. I have white female friends and black female friends with biracial children. I've never known them or their teen children to be so concerned with how others perceive them.
Wow.

The SUBJECT of this thread is race. I've lived on this earth for fifty years, was married to an AA man for eleven years, have four biracial kids, and seven multiracial grandkids. My brother is Korean and my grandson was recently adopted from Korea as well.

So, yeah, my family has a lot of accumulated experiences regarding racial issues in the 20th and 21st century. Do those experiences consume our lives? Hell no. But do they help shape who we are, individually and as a family? Of course.

So - since biracial issues are the topic of this thread, and I know a bit about those issues, I'm discussing those issues from my perspective. It's an interesting topic to me personally. That's all.

It would be pretty weird if I started discussing Sean Peyton and the penalties against the New Orleans Saints, or my grandmother's bread pudding recipe, or the weather in East Texas, on this thread, right?

Carry on!

Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Well gee, maybe because PEOPLE LIKE YOU want to put people in boxes. If Obama is "black with a white mother" why the hell isn't he "white with a black father" too?
Great question, but to use a crude expression, you're p!ssing into the wind. Some people simply cannot apply simple logic to this question. Why, I have no idea.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 AM

861 posts, read 1,269,207 times
Obama's a mulatto Oreo pretty much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.