Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Actually, the Irish were terribly discriminated against by other whites. Of course nowhere near the extent as blacks or American Indians, but, it was pretty bad.

Sound familiar?

"The Chicago Post wrote, "The Irish fill our prisons, our poor houses...Scratch a convict or a pauper, and the chances are that you tickle the skin of an Irish Catholic. Putting them on a boat and sending them home would end crime in this country."
Early Americans disdained this type of work, fit only for servants, the common sentiment being, "Let Negroes be servants, and if not Negroes, let Irishmen fill their place...""

Irish Immigrants in America during the 19th Century

Kind of off-topic, though, no?
The next logical question, why didn't the Irishmen join #teampeopleofcolor when they had the chance?

Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM

215 posts, read 182,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Discriminated against by whom? Other whites, no.........other whites who still granted them the right to be treated as a human being - something they never extended to black folk.
Look up working conditions for the whites who made the Hoover Dam, mined the iron from the Iron Range and those who built the skyscrapers in New York. No, they weren't slaves or even labeled "slaves," but I can assure you their working conditions were hardly a walk in the park. Same with many of the factories that (white, European) children and women worked during the Industrial Revolution.

You pull out the victim card way too often.

Last edited by Kryptic; 12-27-2012 at 01:54 PM..

Old 12-27-2012, 01:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I'm commenting on the ludicrousness of your generalization.

Good for you.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
This thread is turning into the "white people suck/are racist/are evil" thread...

:banghead:
Nobody's making you stay in it.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Actually, the Irish were terribly discriminated against by other whites. Of course nowhere near the extent as blacks or American Indians, but, it was pretty bad.
Well, there ya go.
Quote:

Sound familiar?

"The Chicago Post wrote, "The Irish fill our prisons, our poor houses...Scratch a convict or a pauper, and the chances are that you tickle the skin of an Irish Catholic. Putting them on a boat and sending them home would end crime in this country."
Early Americans disdained this type of work, fit only for servants, the common sentiment being, "Let Negroes be servants, and if not Negroes, let Irishmen fill their place...""

Irish Immigrants in America during the 19th Century

Kind of off-topic, though, no?
Yup.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Look up working conditions for the whites who made the Hoover Dam, mined the iron from the Iron Range and those who built the skyscrapers in New York. No, they weren't slaves or even labeled "slaves," but I can assure you their working conditions were hardly a walk in the park. Same with many of the factories that (white, European) children and women worked during the Industrial Revolution.
Me heart bleeds.

Quote:

You pull out the victim card way too often.

All I'm saying is that whites have always had it better than blacks in America. That's no victim card. That's called the truth.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:03 PM

215 posts, read 182,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Me heart bleeds.

All I'm saying is that whites have always had it better than blacks in America. That's no victim card. That's called the truth.
It hasn't been a walk in the park for anyone in America. Deal with it.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
It hasn't been a walk in the park for anyone in America. Deal with it.
What am I supposed to be dealing with?

Old 12-27-2012, 03:20 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm sorry, but name me a human being that can live without 12% of his/her frickin' DNA?
I'm sorry, but name me a human being that is more effected by 12% of his/her DNA than they are 88% of their DNA.

Quote:
Again, YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL!! Get it out of your mind that you are because you are not. Geezus, how many times do you have to be told that before you get it through your goddamn head?
Again, I NEVER CLAIMED BEING NON-BLACK MAKES ME SPECIAL!! Get that in your mind because I am not. Blacks have a different experience from us mixed race people. We are not better, not worse, just different. How F*****ing hard is that to understand?

Old 12-27-2012, 03:26 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Again, I NEVER CLAIMED BEING NON-BLACK MAKES ME SPECIAL!! Get that in your mind because I am not. Blacks have a different experience from us mixed race people. We are not better, not worse, just different. How F*****ing hard is that to understand?
:thumbup: +1000000

They don't want to understand. Holding ourselves apart because we are different is offensive to them.

They (the ones here whining) have such low self esteem that anything they consider not wanting to be black upsets them.

They are probably foaming at the mouth right now about you "wanting to be white." Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies