Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
"Culture rot" is a result of those who have little or no respect and/or knowledge of the past. People who have knowledge and pride in their heritage are not so very eager to have it easily diluted or "washed" away.
Those who look only to the past or present are sure to miss their future.

Quote:
I have a gut feeling that what I am actually saying will be misinterpreted but no matter....

Also, I find it interesting that you continue to use Jack Johnson as your shining example of how one should conduct their life. Honestly, it really does speak volumes about you if you actually do happen to know about the life of Jack Johnson (and how he treated the women in his life).
I do know his life. I like him. I guess I could use MLK but then he was an adulterer right? Damn...

I find it interesting that you keep trying to denigrate me though. It would be funny if it wasn't depressingly stereotypical.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Those who look only to the past or present are sure to miss their future.

I do know his life. I like him. I guess I could use MLK but then he was an adulterer right? Damn...

I find it interesting that you keep trying to denigrate me though. It would be funny if it wasn't depressingly stereotypical.

I find it interesting that you believe that you are being "denigrated" in the simple act of having a
discussion and being provided with facts. Now that is sadly stereotypical.

Tis all.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I find it interesting that you believe that you are being "denigrated" in the simple act of having a
discussion and being provided with facts. Now that is sadly stereotypical.

Tis all.
Quote:
. Honestly, it really does speak volumes about you if you actually do happen to know about the life of Jack Johnson (and how he actually treated the women in his life).
That is an attempt.

This seems to be your modus operandi.

Remember where you come from boy...

That's essentially what you are telling me.

I'm just surprised the "Uncle Tom" hasn't come out.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
To each their own...but it would expand your perceptive.

I find it to be the exact opposite.

I also did not grow up in the Jim Crow era or during the Civil Rights movement but I have a healthy respect for what others suffered and sacrificed in order for me to enjoy my life as I do today.

I would also like to add that one of the main reasons that Black America is in its current state is because many young (and some not so young) Black Americans have either forgotten/were never taught/or belittle the past. The past DOES matter. And those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
Tell THAT to the hood rats in 2013. They DON'T know how bad things were for Black people in the Jim Crow South.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Tell THAT to the hood rats in 2013. They DON'T know how bad things were for Black people in the Jim Crow South.
Very true. The fact that they have not been taught about how truly difficult many/most aspects of life were for most Black Americans pre-CRM means that they take so much for granted today. And that truly is the greatest tragedy. This is why it is so important to know your history.

Every other culture teachs their children the importance of knowing and respecting their history and their legacy. I have the utmost praise for those who do and their culture tends to remain strong from generation to generation because of these practices.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Very true. The fact that they have not been taught about how truly difficult many/most aspects of life were for most Black Americans pre-CRM means that they take so much for granted today. And that truly is the greatest tragedy. This is why it is so important to know your history.

Every other culture teachs their children the importance of knowing and respecting their history and their legacy. I have the utmost praise for those who do and their culture tends to remain strong from generation to generation because of these practices.
They also tend to be insular, racist societies.

Think Japan, China and Korea, Saudi Arabia.

Culture must adapt as does everything else.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
That is an attempt.

This seems to be your modus operandi.

Remember where you come from boy...

That's essentially what you are telling me.

I'm just surprised the "Uncle Tom" hasn't come out.
Actually, no.

I posted the following statement as a response to one of your posts for a reason...

Quote:
I have a gut feeling that what I am actually saying will be misinterpreted but no matter....

Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Actually, no.

I posted the following statement as a response to one of your posts for a reason...
OK. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it is not what you are saying.

That is what I am hearing though.

Perhaps I am mistaken...

Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Life sucks.

What do you want? The easy life?

Who told you life was supposed to be easy or end up with a fairy tale ending??? They lied to you...

He did what he wanted, when he wanted.

He was broke because of his own actions not because he was black.

And I misspoke earlier. He married THREE white women. Lol...

He brought alot of his own miseries upon himself, with the additional parts of racism

Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
He brought alot of his own miseries upon himself
Don't we all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies