Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:27 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
As I suspected. Too dense to understand that it all depends on who is handling the instrument.
When was the last time a mass murderer used a car to purposely run down 30 innocent victims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
When was the last time a mass murderer used a car to purposely run down 30 innocent victims?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Why would I be upset? I don't want to ban guns and I find it amusing that Cons related guns to cars and food all while blaming video games for murderers.
Quote:
Weapons are designed to maim, injure or kill. A car is not. Need I repeat myself again?
That sure wasn't any accident. 30? THOUSANDS dead.

Never before seen Video of WTC 9/11 attack - YouTube

Old 12-23-2012, 09:33 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Why would I be upset? I don't want to ban guns and I find it amusing that Cons related guns to cars and food all while blaming video games for murderers.
Who's the fool who said anything about banning video games?

Oh, never mind. It was YOU.

Clue: If parents parented, kids wouldn't be spending their lives playing that crap.

Quote:
Weapons are designed to maim, injure or kill. A car is not. Need I repeat myself again?
Please don't. Your mantra is exceptionally boring. And dumb.

Dumb and boring. Yep.

Clue: Weapons are designed to protect and defend.

Deal with it.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:36 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,218 times
I like this one much better.......

Magnum Force- Airplane Hijacking Scene - YouTube

Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Who's the fool who said anything about banning video games?

Oh, never mind. It was YOU.

Clue: If parents parented, kids wouldn't be spending their lives playing that crap.

Please don't. Your mantra is exceptionally boring. And dumb.

Dumb and boring. Yep.

Clue: Weapons are designed to protect and defend.

Deal with it.
Yeah from people who can easily get guns because of the lenient laws in the first place. Learned nothing from the Cold War, I see.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
All of these people would be still alive if we banned car ................
The day that banning firearms will bring the Country to a standstill will be the day that we can equate the gun to cars, or airoplanes, or trains etc etc etc BUT guns are NOT needed by the public on the street in any law abiding society................ i have never seen or heard such undiluted rubbish as is being dished out here by the head of the NRA and the "gun nuts".
In Countries with tough gun laws...NO schools etc have armed guards.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:49 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
All of these people would be still alive if we banned car
Would someone some day explain to these people difference between accidents involving transportation necessities and weapons designed and used to inflict intentional harm.

Please!

Old 12-23-2012, 09:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Would someone some day explain to these people difference between accidents involving transportation necessities and weapons designed and used to inflict intentional harm.

Please!
Just like they are unable to distinguish between a 6 day old fetus and a 6 year old child - the RWNJ also seem unable to distinguish between a car and a gun.

Definition of CAR: [SIZE=7]car[/SIZE]
/kär/

Noun
  • An automobile.
  • A vehicle that runs on rails, esp. a railroad car.

Definition of Gun: [SIZE=7]gun[/SIZE]
/gən/

Noun
A weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a...
Verb
Shoot someone with a gun.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Please!
I would, but I don't particularly enjoy squeezing blood from a stone.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:54 AM

792 posts, read 1,301,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Those are called accidents. Cars were not designed to kill and in fact there has been great effort to make them as safe as possible. The main purpose of a car is transportation. The main purpose of a gun is to kill. Or take target practice.
Are you suggesting that death and injury caused by an impaired driver is an accident ? From a statistical standpoint: What would you propose your odds of being killed by a firearm, verses a vehicle crash involving a drunk/impaired driver verses a legally owned firearm..........check the numbers and get back to me !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies