Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Why? Because you are vendictive partisan?
I want to see him arrested because if it were me I'm sitting in a DC jail.

This illustrates one of the issues many firearm owners have long complained about which is overlapping laws and laws that are hard to understand or even comply with. IN NY sate you need a license to posses a handgun, that license may only allow you to posses it on your property inside your house. Simply walking out of the gun shop technically puts you in violation of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 12:06 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
AND PROSECUTE!.....lol

These poor gun worshipers are so hardwired by tribalism they are unable look at the facts and legal standards..

They only know Gregory is not of their tribe and they want him prosecuted before we even know what the investigation turned up.
“No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. A ‘large capacity ammunition feeding device’ means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition,” D.C. code states. Violations may include a $1,000 fine or imprisonment for up to a year.

I have the facts on my side. He apparently broke the law.

Do you have comprehension problems?

Old 12-26-2012, 12:07 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Let's see here. They asked the police if it was legal, they said NO, they did it anyway and Lefties here are trying to find an angle where he didn't do anything wrong? This is the most pathetic and absurd thing I've seen in a while. They want more gun laws, but don't think certain people should have to follow them.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You really ought to read the links you post, before posting them. In this case, the link clarifies that what Gregory was in possession of the items in question...thanks for settling the debate.
Yes you don't get it. Went over your head.

Gregory didn't produce the clip from his pocket. For all we know now, he merely held the clip. That's not the standard. The standard is control. Could Gregory have kept possession of the clip without it's owner demanding it back? You don't know that. He very well could have just held up on the table what his producer presented for him to hold up. The producer could have been the one in control of the clip, some criminal consultant could have brought the clip to the studio. You have no idea.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:

Gregory didn't produce the clip from his pocket. He held the clip. That's not the standard. The standard is control. Could Gregory have kept possession of the clip without it's owner demanding it back? You don't know that. He very well could have just held up on the table what his producer presented for him to hold up.
If you are in possession of your friends drugs when the cops show up, YOU will be arrested for guess what?!?!?!?! POSSESSION!

Old 12-26-2012, 12:12 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Great example in this above post of how gun worshippers love to pay the victim. Don't give them any facts. They don't want to hear it....LOL They are going to have a pity party on this thread and nobody will stop them. They caught this liberal loving Gregory with a illegal clip and that just proves liberals are mean to them....whaaaaahh!
He doesn't have a clip. The ignorance of the LNWJs and expecially LNWJ anti-gun blatherers knows no bounds. So, if these "high capacity magazines" are such a menace to society, if they are such a dire threat to life that mere possession is a criminal act, why should this man not be charged? He was putting lives at risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Let's see here. They asked the police if it was legal, they said NO, they did it anyway and Lefties here are trying to find an angle where he didn't do anything wrong? This is the most pathetic and absurd thing I've seen in a while. They want more gun laws, but don't think certain people should have to follow them.
Could you please cite the law that states when we choose to ask cops for legal advise or permission to do certain acts
and if we don't follow their direction that's proof of guilt?

I'll hold my breadth....LOL

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
I don't, either. Especially those with ADD. ^^^

Gregory should probably be arrested for being stupid. If being stupid were against the law, this thread would be much shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't understand left wing nut jobs. They promote bans of the very product this guy has for the rest of the country. And at the location where he has it, it is already illegal to possess. But somehow the law is supposed to be overlooked because..what, he's another LWNJ? Doesn't his possession of this object put others at risk? Increase risk of mass slaughter of innocent children?

Left wing logic...a contradiction in terms if there ever was one.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:13 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:

Gregory didn't produce the clip from his pocket. For all we know now, he merely held the clip. That's not the standard. The standard is control. Could Gregory have kept possession of the clip without it's owner demanding it back? You don't know that. He very well could have just held up on the table what his producer presented for him to hold up. The producer could have been the one in control of the clip, some criminal consultant could have brought the clip to the studio. You have no idea.
Reading comprehension ain't exactly your strong suit, is it?

Old 12-26-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I want to see him arrested because if it were me I'm sitting in a DC jail.

This illustrates one of the issues many firearm owners have long complained about which is overlapping laws and laws that are hard to understand or even comply with. IN NY sate you need a license to posses a handgun, that license may only allow you to posses it on your property inside your house. Simply walking out of the gun shop technically puts you in violation of the law.
Oh really? Now we are getting somewhere! Could you please give us an example of a situation in NY where this person was arrested for walking outside the gun shop? Or to and from the gun shop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies