Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Flag burnner John Kerry has been selected by Barack Obama (who, along with Hilary Clinton caused the death of 4 Ameircans, including our Ambassador, in Benghazi) for Secretary of State.

Prior to his Presidential aspirations, John Kerry is perhaps best known for his anti-war activities, in which, among other things, he accused American troops of atrocities. He demanded Purple Hearts for self inflicted scratches, and also finagled Bronze and Silver Stars.
blah blah blah

Fly flags upside down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
again I ask what is your experience in real live combat? have you experienced people trying to kill you and your "co-workers" have you had to kill people to defend your life in service to your country? have you seen personally the horror of war and all that means? by your answers I would say no. kerry has well earned the right to throw away his medals if he wants and to talk about his experiences.
My experience is does not matter to the subject being discussed . I am an American and have every right to oppose a person who I believe committed treason .What I did does no matter to my right to be concerned. Deflecting to what I did does not change what Kerry did.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are spitting on a war veteran with every post you have made here. Why?
I have not spit on soldiers as Kerry did. What Kerry did and said at the winter soldier meeting and what he did by meeting with the enemy is treason
Why do you excuse his attacking our soldiers

Old 12-24-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Our troops DID rape and murder....it happens in every war....denying it doesn't make YOU a better American...
where were their war crime trial?

Old 12-24-2012, 01:38 PM

109 posts, read 136,855 times
I wish John Kerry was President instead of Obama

Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
As a veteran, he sold his brothers in arms out......
So you yourself are a Vietnam vet who saw combat? I mean with all the judgement of Kerry going on in this thread I'm just assuming you were there and are coming from a place of knowledge of what happened there.

Heck. Judging by what's posted here I just assume every keyboard commando hanging out here was tossing Ace of Spade cards on the bodies of dead Vietcong then played "The Ballad of the Green Berets" on their harmonicas back in their hooch as they wrote letters of support to LBJ. Nothing like writing a letter home after a long day of walking point.

"Dear Mr. President: I am busy fighting communism. Thank you for drafting me and sending me over here. I especially like picking leeches off my butt and watching the Hueys lift off with the bodies of my dead buddies. Sincerely yours, A Good American who will never, ever toss my medals over a fence in protest since I'm so thankful to be here in Quang Tri Province. Please give my best to Lady Bird."

Old 12-24-2012, 01:54 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
My experience is does not matter to the subject being discussed . I am an American and have every right to oppose a person who I believe committed treason .What I did does no matter to my right to be concerned. Deflecting to what I did does not change what Kerry did.

your experience does not matter when giving an opinion. your inexperience in this case does factor into the inability to understand combat, the horrors of it and the value of that experience when talking about it. kerry has combat experience, the wounds and medals to back up what he says. his way of expressing himself about his experience even if it isn't what you would like does not make it any less valuable.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:54 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Bring on the swift boaters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ke...ce_controversy

Old 12-24-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
your experience does not matter when giving an opinion. your inexperience in this case does factor into the inability to understand combat, the horrors of it and the value of that experience when talking about it. kerry has combat experience, the wounds and medals to back up what he says. his way of expressing himself about his experience even if it isn't what you would like does not make it any less valuable.
He met with communists at winter soldier and went to paris to meet with an enemy of the country.My combat experience does not change what he did at winter soldier or in paris. When I am asked to serve as sectary of state then it becomes your business.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Asshat swift boaters are at it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies