Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:47 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Agreed. She should be left alone and I think the judgment against her is an outrage; Al Sharpton and his cronies should be paying it, not her.

Sharpton and the others had judgments against them which were paid, Tb is the last one found.

Had she come forward and publicly apologized for her ruse 10-20 years ago, I'd agree no garnishment should occur. She didn't; she tried to hide, hence, I agree with the concept of garnishing her wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 09:16 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Tawana Brawley is living in Virginia under a new name, still owing money to a New York lawyer she accused of raping her 25 years ago, the New York Post reports.

Read more: Tawana Brawley found living in Virginia under alias 25 years after rape hoax | Fox News
Thanks for the New York Post link. There was a much more interesting story about a guy named Masters who pleaded guilty to masturbating in Central Park.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I wish people were this upset at the cops who coerced the teens into confessing and being wrongfully convicted in the central park rape and serving a decade in prison.
What on Earth makes you assume we weren't? What happened to those boys was dead wrong. What happened to the Duke lacross players was dead wrong. It does not ever serve justice to arrest, try, or convict the person or people. What makes the Central Park case different from the other two cases was that there was a legitimate victim and she was not the person pointing a finger at them. That case was all on the police.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Tawana Brawley was a disturbed 15 year old in 1987 when she made her horrendous allegations. She is a 40 year old woman who until now has been completely out of the news. I suggest keeping it that way. Let her be.
Yep. And they're trying to get blood from a turnip. They'll never get a dime. They may as well forget it.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:51 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Just let her live her life.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:45 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan
I'll be happier when the press hounds the chit out her and her life is impacted in the same manner as those of her accused were by her false accusations.
Ya she really put that guy thru hell and then turned her back on him,i dispise people like this

Old 12-26-2012, 02:05 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
She should just write a tell all trashing Sharpton and the other unsrupulous adults that took advantage of her. Then pay off the judgement with the proceeds.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
She was only 15 at the time. I'm glad I'm not held accountable for every dumb decision I made, every looney idea I embraced at age 15, and I'd extend some leniency to her. Put the blame on Rev. Al Sharpton--he was the architect of the fiasco.

But instead of being held accountable for it, he became an honored member of the Democratic Party, giving a prime time speech at the 2004 Dem Convention. John Kerry said that Sharpton was the "moral compass" of the party. Later he was given his own TV show on the leading liberal TV network, MSNBC.
That guy is a friggin douchebag of epic proportions... he doesn't care about black people and their issues... he just wants him and his mug in the media..... couldn't care less about black folks..... friggin snake oil salesman....

I used to be a card carrying member of NAACP, until I started to read about guys like him and other corupt leaders of that organization..... dropped it like a bad habbit when I started to do some reading......

Old 12-26-2012, 09:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That guy is a friggin douchebag of epic proportions... he doesn't care about black people and their issues... he just wants him and his mug in the media..... couldn't care less about black folks..... friggin snake oil salesman....

I used to be a card carrying member of NAACP, until I started to read about guys like him and other corupt leaders of that organization..... dropped it like a bad habbit when I started to do some reading......
Wow...what a revelation. Sharpton looks out for number one.

That's terrible, because you and i are so wonderful that we don't care about looking out for ourselves first. Only Sharpton does that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies